Nebraska back to the big12?

27 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

That's a really great point. A couple years ago when the SEC and B1G renegotiated their TV contracts, the SEC locked in a massive 15-year deal through 2033. Delaney, on the other hand, opted to go for a shorter 6-year deal for the B1G, under the assumption that he could renegotiate an even better deal in a few years (after adding a couple new teams like OU, KU, UVA, etc. to the mix) that would blow the SEC's deal out of the water. Well, now that "grand plan" is in the hands of Kevin Warren. So we'll see how that works out...

Calling off an entire season while other teams are playing doesn't help your negotiating power much...

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

That's fair, but if they do get a season off safely and the B1G doesn't that'll hurt. Though it could all come crashing down too.

It's far more likely to come crashing down than to work. They can't keep these guys from getting Covid just practicing and lifting weights, and team after team shuts down. It's not like this is going to get better when all the students arrive on campus - just look at UNC right now.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's far more likely to come crashing down than to work. They can't keep these guys from getting Covid just practicing and lifting weights, and team after team shuts down. It's not like this is going to get better when all the students arrive on campus - just look at UNC right now.

I believe it will be canceled as well, but what if it’s not? We started this fire. Do we shut it now or risk looking silly when it’s canceled for all and the other BIG teams clown us for not being smart like them?  

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I believe it will be canceled as well, but what if it’s not? We started this fire. Do we shut it now or risk looking silly when it’s canceled for all and the other BIG teams clown us for not being smart like them?  

Then we'll look like we made a bad decision, and we'll take most of the grief for it (rather than the PAC-12) because of the weird/messy way the last two weeks have played out.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Then we'll look like we made a bad decision, and we'll take most of the grief for it (rather than the PAC-12) because of the weird/messy way the last two weeks have played out.

Well we have been the loudest. And by we, I mean Nebraska. 

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Well we have been the loudest. And by we, I mean Nebraska. 

Regarding that, we didn't do anything wrong. "We want to play football" isn't a terrible message to be broadcasting when you're a football coach. The national pundits who all raked Nebraska over the coals have proven themselves windbags by not making the same proclamations about the rest of the league who's said the same thing.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Regarding that, we didn't do anything wrong. "We want to play football" isn't a terrible message to be broadcasting when you're a football coach. The national pundits who all raked Nebraska over the coals have proven themselves windbags by not making the same proclamations about the rest of the league who's said the same thing.  

No, who can fault wanting to play football? The perceived fault is trying to sway the public away from conference unity.  And the vocal critics of Frost and DONU are BIG alumni that seem to hate and discount the attention we demanded since our entry. And I think we deserve some of that.  Not for this though. 

looking through their lens, we’ve never won anything, we expect them to be thrilled with coming to Lincoln and being apart of our circus, we have open discussions about who our rivals should be without regard for what has been established the 100 years prior, and we’re dumb to boot. 

I’m ok with not playing, but don’t bully me. I don’t think our future is bright in this conference.  

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

National Radio guys have a really different opinion.  I almost wonder if TV guys feel a little more pressure to say certain things.

I suspect the truth coming out will bring different takes by some TV & radio pundits.  Dont expect a Michigan alum like Howard to be anything but an NU hater.  Frost and NU ‘stole’ Mich national champ trophy.   

The real vote by Big Ten is unknown (if there were ‘final’ votes taken). lol.   Penn St AD “doesn't know” is either a lie or some real BS crap going on behind those closed Big Ten meeting doors.  

I got to believe NU President believes he voted!   lol.  Maybe NU is not allowed a vote that counts?   

Some real ?????? stuff going on folks!   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1