Nebraska parents letter

Kevin Warren accuses Ohio State of manufacturing parents letter. So the king is saying Ohio State is lying. Pretty serious accusation 

Later in the day, at 2:28 p.m., Ohio State’s football parents association released a letter onto social media similar to that of the one Teague had shared earlier in the day. The parents addressed it to Warren and made a number of requests, including a reinstatement of the Big Ten-only fall football schedule, full transparency and a Zoom meeting with players and parents.

Evidently, it didn’t go over well in Warren’s office.

Text Message
Johnson texted Smith at some point during the day, evidently before the parents’ letter was publicized: “Kevin is alleging that the letter is being manufactured. The upcoming letter from OSU parents - claims it is being manufactured - I am not happy pretty serious charge IMHO - but want to keep the eye on the prize :).”

Meanwhile the PAC has hired a HOME RUN. 

Someone that has put on huge events

Someone who has negotiated media contracts

Someone that understands Digital Media inside and out

Someone that gets where people consume content and how to monetize it

The guy was CEO of HULU for crying out loud. 

At MGM, he oversaw a massive live event operation and was intimately involved in corporate sponsorship efforts.

He was the chief digital officer at NBCUniversal, where he led the company's corporate digital strategy in a role that eventually saw him become the interim CEO of Hulu He was also executive vice president of business for Major League Baseball's Advanced Media

What a concept- hiring someone based on the skills they have and the needs of the conference. PAC will be shedding their media contract and finally be in the LA market with the new guy and making a lot more money than before. Meanwhile WE have KEVIN WARREN negotiating our new media contract. Well there is this thing called google- hopefully KW can learn enough about negotiating media rights and how to monetize digital media between now and when he visits the shark professionals negotiating for the other side. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31449912/state-pac-12-hiring-george-kliavkoff-means-tv-rights-cfp-expansion-nil-more?fbclid=IwAR2-Gm1Ta36zu4gRj3HUzzlvapfn9fxzeC7QEd7H477Jtxs92xSOLWJLn4U

THE PAC just hired a brand new Rolls Royce of Commissioners. We hired a bumbling "vote counter" empty suit. Who still hasnt figured out his office and the BTN is in CHICAGO- while he's still living in Minnesota waiting for the phone call he covets from the NFL. 

We have a Yugo that was totaled out, rebuilt and then relegated to a Bulgarian rental car program for the last 20 years. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Kevin Warren accuses Ohio State of manufacturing parents letter. So the king is saying Ohio State is lying. Pretty serious accusation 

Later in the day, at 2:28 p.m., Ohio State’s football parents association released a letter onto social media similar to that of the one Teague had shared earlier in the day. The parents addressed it to Warren and made a number of requests, including a reinstatement of the Big Ten-only fall football schedule, full transparency and a Zoom meeting with players and parents.

Evidently, it didn’t go over well in Warren’s office.

Text Message
Johnson texted Smith at some point during the day, evidently before the parents’ letter was publicized: “Kevin is alleging that the letter is being manufactured. The upcoming letter from OSU parents - claims it is being manufactured - I am not happy pretty serious charge IMHO - but want to keep the eye on the prize :).”

He won’t be commissioner very much longer.  

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He won’t be commissioner very much longer.  

I really hope youre correct. We all know he has a free pass until the Super Woke NFL comes calling.

The PAC guy will be running circles around what Warren does for the BIG- it will be like Bama vs Bryan High School. The BIG has only itself to blame for not hiring someone with the skills and history required to run a league, put on great events and negotiate media contracts.

The PAC hit a HOME RUN with Reggie Jackson in his prime at the plate. 

The BIG10 suited up the coaches son- batboy- watched 3 strikes- right in the middle of the strike zone and our batter was faced the wrong way. Meanwhile Warrens water carriers blamed the umpire and weather- it was 72 and partly cloudy instead of 75 and full sun.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Meanwhile the PAC has hired a HOME RUN. 

Someone that has put on huge events

Someone who has negotiated media contracts

Someone that understands Digital Media inside and out

Someone that gets where people consume content and how to monetize it

The guy was CEO of HULU for crying out loud. 

At MGM, he oversaw a massive live event operation and was intimately involved in corporate sponsorship efforts.

He was the chief digital officer at NBCUniversal, where he led the company's corporate digital strategy in a role that eventually saw him become the interim CEO of Hulu He was also executive vice president of business for Major League Baseball's Advanced Media

What a concept- hiring someone based on the skills they have and the needs of the conference. PAC will be shedding their media contract and finally be in the LA market with the new guy and making a lot more money than before. Meanwhile WE have KEVIN WARREN negotiating our new media contract. Well there is this thing called google- hopefully KW can learn enough about negotiating media rights and how to monetize digital media between now and when he visits the shark professionals negotiating for the other side. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/31449912/state-pac-12-hiring-george-kliavkoff-means-tv-rights-cfp-expansion-nil-more?fbclid=IwAR2-Gm1Ta36zu4gRj3HUzzlvapfn9fxzeC7QEd7H477Jtxs92xSOLWJLn4U

2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

THE PAC just hired a brand new Rolls Royce of Commissioners. We hired a bumbling "vote counter" empty suit. Who still hasnt figured out his office and the BTN is in CHICAGO- while he's still living in Minnesota waiting for the phone call he covets from the NFL. 

We have a Yugo that was totaled out, rebuilt and then relegated to a Bulgarian rental car program for the last 20 years. 

48 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I really hope youre correct. We all know he has a free pass until the Super Woke NFL comes calling.

The PAC guy will be running circles around what Warren does for the BIG- it will be like Bama vs Bryan High School. The BIG has only itself to blame for not hiring someone with the skills and history required to run a league, put on great events and negotiate media contracts.

The PAC hit a HOME RUN with Reggie Jackson in his prime at the plate. 

The BIG10 suited up the coaches son- batboy- watched 3 strikes- right in the middle of the strike zone and our batter was faced the wrong way. Meanwhile Warrens water carriers blamed the umpire and weather- it was 72 and partly cloudy instead of 75 and full sun.

Do you need to speak to a manager?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm only basing this on the fact that OSU seems to now be calling him out on his BS.

Im not sure there is much of a majority yet, we are talking the BIG10 which talks so big about integrity but in action- not so much. Unfortunately he is "teflon", even when KW is blatantly in the wrong- you cant even criticize him without the posse coming out in spades to defend him. So many willing to carry his water- if this was Jim Delaney bumbling like a drunk blind man, people would be all over him and asking him to resign. 

KW thought he would come into the BIG, make a few woke surface level things that wouldnt mean a hill of beans and parlay that into the NFL commish job.  Instead he totally screwed up on Football, Basketball and now Baseball- all he needs to do is screw up the media rights (which he will) to hit for the cycle. By then the BIG will be committed to an awful and debilitating contract and KW will be on his way to the NFL.

Does any reasonable person really have confidence in KW negotiating the Media deal? Is there anyone that wouldnt prefer a qualified guy like the PAC guy instead? 

9 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Does any reasonable person really have confidence in KW negotiating the Media deal? Is there anyone that wouldnt prefer a qualified guy like the PAC guy instead? 

From the article you linked up there:

When word began circulating Thursday that the Pac-12 was set to hire George Kliavkoff as its new commissioner, Stanford football coach David Shaw reacted in the same way as much of the college sports world.

"I had never heard the name before," Shaw said. "That's not a negative thing. I did the old social media and Google stalking just to see who we're dealing with."

This guy may well turn out to be the best commissioner ever. But he's an unknown. Shaw had never heard of him - from what I understand, most nobody had heard of him in the college sports world.

Why are you so sure he's a home run hire? Did you know of him before he was a candidate for the P12 Commissioner?

57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

From the article you linked up there:

This guy may well turn out to be the best commissioner ever. But he's an unknown. Shaw had never heard of him - from what I understand, most nobody had heard of him in the college sports world.

Why are you so sure he's a home run hire? Did you know of him before he was a candidate for the P12 Commissioner?

Who had heard of Kevin Warren before he was anointed head of the BIG?I look at the requirements of the position and see if the candidate has the skills and or experience to meet those requirements. Thats how I did it when I was hiring execs for my company. Thats how most people hire.  Whats not to LOVE about the PAC guy?

You need to be able to run large events, tournaments- venues etc. He ran HUGE events for MGM- thats big time. 

You need to get $ in the door. He was in charge of getting sponsorship for said HUGE events. 

You need to understand todays media and maximize exposure and monetization- He was Chief Digital Officer for NBC UNiversal- knows digital media inside and out. KW may not even know how to spell digital media.

You need to understand todays media landscape- He was CEO of HULU. HULU is hot and in the middle of todays Media distribution world. He KNOWS STREAMING at the atomic level. KW- Nope

He need to be able to work with gaining a consensus and leading an org with multiple stakeholders- Served on a league Board of Governors- the WNBA. KW- nope

Needs to understand Media- Kliavkoff co-led the largest and most profitable division at Hearst Entertainment & Syndication, overseeing Hearst’s interests in cable television networks, including ESPN, A&E, Lifetime and HISTORY Was EVP for MLB- advanced Media.  KW- nope. 

KW worked for the vikings, is a lawyer and worked some other nfl gigs. He helped get a stadium built and got some diversity stuff implemented in the NFL. Not sure the BIG is building any buildings or even an office- KW still lives in Minnesota right now. If we were building stadiums maybe hes our guy, but we arent. 

The PAC is in the batting circle for negotiating their new media rights deal. So is the BIG- the $52,000,000 per team trough that keeps everyone fed and in the league- the holy grail. Based on KWs track record in the BIG Do you really feel good about KW negotiating that deal or would you much rather have the guy with all the successful media experience who knows it inside and out? Hes going to be eaten alive.  I dont feel good about that scenario and the BIG will be STUCK with that agreement for a long time. 

12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Who had heard of Kevin Warren before he was anointed head of the BIG?I look at the requirements of the position and see if the candidate has the skills and or experience to meet those requirements. Thats how I did it when I was hiring execs for my company. Thats how most people hire.  Whats not to LOVE about the PAC guy?

You need to be able to run large events, tournaments- venues etc. He ran HUGE events for MGM- thats big time. KW- no

You need to get $ in the door. He was in charge of getting sponsorship for said HUGE events. KW - no

You need to understand todays media and maximize exposure and monetization- He was Chief Digital Officer for NBC UNiversal- knows digital media inside and out. KW may not even know how to spell digital media.

You need to understand todays media landscape- He was CEO of HULU. HULU is hot and in the middle of todays Media distribution world. He KNOWS STREAMING at the atomic level. KW- Nope

He need to be able to work with gaining a consensus and leading an org with multiple stakeholders- Served on a league Board of Governors- the WNBA. KW- nope

Needs to understand Media- Was EVP for MLB- advanced Media.  KW- nope. 

KW worked for the vikings, is a lawyer and worked some other nfl gigs. The world definitely needs more lawyers. He helped get a stadium built and got some diversity stuff implemented in the NFL. Not sure the BIG is building any buildings or even an office- KW still lives in Minnesota right now. If we were building stadiums maybe hes our guy, but we arent. 

The PAC is in the batting circle for negotiating their new media rights deal. So is the BIG- the $52,000,000 trough that keeps everyone fed and in the league- the holy grail. Based on KWs track record in the BIG Do you really feel good about KW negotiating that deal or would you much rather have the guy with all the successful media experience who knows it inside and out? I dont and the BIG will be STUCK with that agreement for a long time. 

Based on this, who should the Big Ten hire if we're able to get Kevin Warren out of there?

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Based on this, who should the Big Ten hire if we're able to get Kevin Warren out of there?

I'm not sure I know, but it would be difficult to imagine who could be worse than KW. Its great he didn't molest any kids, perform unwanted genital exams and the like, but that seems like a pretty low bar to exceed. 

You hire a great search firm and pay them the appropriate amount. There are many search firms- specializing in niches- I'm sure there is one that has done good work in executive management with media, event management,  league management or the like experience. Write down all of the requirements, skills and macro skills that someone successful at that role would have and then they cast the nets. Hire on merit alone. You interview and then hire them. You aren't hiring a waiter or a pipefitter- not that those are easy to fill nowadays either. The hiring profile is very narrow- that's why the job pays MILLIONS. PAC did it.

And sugar on top nice to have thing- the new hire isn't using this as a stepping stone to something they plan on leaving soon. AND to show commitment and stability- move themselves and family to Chicago. (ok to live in the suburbs so they don't get shot LOL) 

• Plus1 1