2020 Alternates

12 hours ago, Enhance said:

I will say that I'm not overly impressed with the actual alternate itself. It feels like we end up taking a really conservative approach to these designs each time. I don't know if that's an 'us' thing or an 'Adidas' thing... or whoever is designing them... but outside of the unique announcement video, I'm a bit unmoved.

This^^^
My gut says it’s an Adidas thing (maybe it’s Nebraska) but our alternates have always been pretty blah. I blame Adidas because a couple other apparel/uniform companies seem to always come up with much cooler stuff. That video was off the hook though....maybe a bit too much.

Based on the Halloween theme, I’m expecting them for the Wiscy game (yes, I realize they are away alternates but maybe they’ll arrange something with the Badgers).

13 hours ago, Enhance said:

I will say that I'm not overly impressed with the actual alternate itself. It feels like we end up taking a really conservative approach to these designs each time. I don't know if that's an 'us' thing or an 'Adidas' thing... or whoever is designing them... but outside of the unique announcement video, I'm a bit unmoved.

Look, I think they are excellent

BonyMeekArmednylonshrimp-small.gif

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

That's my thought, they are available on 10/26...October utilization makes sense with the video narrative 

I can't imagine they'll run them out the for the first game of the season .... at Ohio State ... after what the Ohio State game turned into last year.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I can't imagine they'll run them out the for the first game of the season .... at Ohio State ... after what the Ohio State game turned into last year.

I would agree, but video content and public release date seems to point to it..unless we went whites at home vs Wisky (which doesnt make sense because you would just make home alts)

Just now, UniversalMartin said:

I would agree, but video content and public release date seems to point to it..unless we went whites at home vs Wisky (which doesnt make sense because you would just make home alts)

The content of the video could be more about when the video was released than when they are going to be used.  As Frost indicated last year, he sees it more as a reward for a good game.  Which would point to them being saved for later.

Just now, deedsker said:

The last visit wasn't so bad...

Ohio State's 36-31 Win over Nebraska in 14 GIFs (Several of Which Are  Hilarious) | Eleven Warriors

Yeah, I know that.  But there was a bunch of hype (GameDay) before last year's game and it turned out really bad.  I wouldn't think they'd want to open the opportunity for the "you guys are always thinking more of yourselves than you should" pot shots any more than necessary.  

Save them until they "earned" them (like Frost said) and not the game you're most likely to lose on the entire schedule.