Censorship

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I appreciate your stance, but disagree. It's a very slippery slope. Who determines what isn't "mainstream"?

No one does in a free America.  That’s why I think the end, whenever it is, will be due to the people making really stupid choices and ruining it.mostly because some group took advantage of them.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

No one does in a free America.  That’s why I think the end, whenever it is, will be due to the people making really stupid choices and ruining it.mostly because some group took advantage of them.

So then how does one change what can, or can't be, considered free speech?

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Here's more if you don't like the op I linked

Ummm yeah…I agree with Gore100%

And one piece of evidence as to why?: I was 100% correct that Zerohedge severely twisted his words.  There are some folks out there that only read things even further to the extreme that will insist Gore and the deep state with start locking up social media users.  There is a quote, something along the lines of “the internet has given humans the greatest opportunity to find knowledge, and at the same time made them dumber”.  I really think that is what Gore is getting at.  And one small aspect of that is algorithms that only suck people down the drain.

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Ummm yeah…I agree with Gore100%

And one piece of evidence as to why?: I was 100% correct that Zerohedge severely twisted his words.  There are some folks out there that only read things even further to the extreme that will insist Gore and the deep state with start locking up social media users.  There is a quote, something along the lines of “the internet has given humans the greatest opportunity to find knowledge, and at the same time made them dumber”.  I really think that is what Gore is getting at.  And one small aspect of that is algorithms that only suck people down the drain.

He said algorithms are dangerous because the lead people to an echo chamber of non approved views. But he wants to say what's approved or not. We'll agree to disagree.

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I appreciate your stance, but disagree. It's a very slippery slope. Who determines what isn't "mainstream"?

Also that Mr. Gore has spewed his own false bulls#!t over the years.   Remember all his climate hysteria that never came true.   All the “people gotta conserve energy, reduce carbon footprint” while he has the carbon footprint of hundreds of people by himself.  He’s a grifter the same as the stupid right wing twitter grifters. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Look up three posts

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

He said algorithms are dangerous because the lead people to an echo chamber of non approved views. But he wants to say what's approved or not. We'll agree to disagree.

He did not say that. He said the algorithms are dangerous because they lead you down rabbit hole into echo chambers. Full stop. He doesn't say anything about what is and isn't approved, and he's entirely correct in his assessment, although the AR-15 comment is pretty hyperbolic.

Let's be honest with ourselves, the algorithms are a huge problem. They're absolutely dog s#!t, and all they do is feed you more and more junk to get your endorphins off. The quality and accuracy of what is presented to you isn't even considered.

Take YouTube for example. You watch one video on military history and it's not too many more clicks before you end up with suggestions for some whacky conspiracies and the craziest Joe Rogan guests. Meanwhile the adds that are targeted at you become gun holsters, Trump bears, and military surplus.

A more tame example would be workout videos. The amount of junk that comes up is nuts, and the adds are full of deceit and lies. Fit people pushing out their stomach to show you their "gut" and how they blasted it away in 2 weeks.

• TBH 2