Suspensions

Warrior

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I do think that all the political grandstanding is (or will) cost some leagues a lot money (except for football... It's immune), but I don't know why people can't just ignore it. I rolled my eyes with a lot of the political glad-handing the NBA laid out throughout the Playoffs, but I still watched every game I could. Once the whistle blows, it's still the sport that you intended to watch, and every player is certainly entitled to their own opinions/actions.

I have the same attitude you do and I'm a cop.  I just roll my eyes at their stance and watch the games.  

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So you were happy spending less time with your family as long as football honored policemen? 

I was happy to let go of a sport that became overly political and divisive which had the benefit of more family time on Sundays. 

So no comment from you on the core of my statement about the NFL taking a balanced approach and having additional messages that Blue Lives Matter which could have been a unifying message?  As others have shared, sports used to be a unifying place all Americans participated in and I really think it would be great to get back to that. There are enough other places in our lives that sow division.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I was happy to let go of a sport that became overly political and divisive which had the benefit of more family time on Sundays. 

So no comment from you on the core of my statement about the NFL taking a balanced approach and having additional messages that Blue Lives Matter which could have been a unifying message?  As others have shared, sports used to be a unifying place all Americans participated in and I really think it would be great to get back to that. There are enough other places in our lives that sow division.

So....they can do what they want as long as you don’t get offended.  

• Plus1 3
47 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Protests aren't supposed to make people comfortable.