Biden's America

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So you DO realize McConnell would never have done so without the go ahead from Harry Reid’s actions before.

Are you under the impression Reid held a gun to McConnell's head? Or does McConnell not have free will? Of all the absurd things you've claimed, this among the dumbest.

13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Downplaying Harry Reid’s role is disingenuous.  Just ask the Democrats who are pissed at Harry Reid. 

I'm not downplaying Reid's actions at all. Reid sucks. But I'm able to see past the party by their names and realize that neither Reid nor McConnell were forced to do anything and the blame for their actions lies with themselves. No amount of excuses or whatabouts changes that.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's interesting watching the mental gymnastics of a party supporter who blames the actions of a party leader on the other party.

I get that you like to disagree with everything just because you like to disagree.  That said, McConnells action was a direct result of Reid’s lifting the filibuster for federal judicial nominees.  MANY warned Reid that this will be used for Supreme Court nominees in the future and he didn’t care.  It was NEVER used for Supreme Court nominees prior to Reid’s actions.  

It’s unfortunate Reid and the Democrats led us down this path, but here we are.   

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Are you under the impression Reid held a gun to McConnell's head? Or does McConnell not have free will? Of all the absurd things you've claimed, this among the dumbest.

I'm not downplaying Reid's actions at all. Reid sucks. But I'm able to see past the party by their names and realize that neither Reid nor McConnell were forced to do anything and the blame for their actions lies with themselves. No amount of excuses or whatabouts changes that.

Please let me know when McConnell tried to get rid of a filibuster or speak about getting rid of the filibuster on any subject prior to Reid’s actions?  I don’t mind waiting…..

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Please let me know when McConnell tried to get rid of a filibuster or speak about getting rid of the filibuster on any subject prior to Reid’s actions?  I don’t mind waiting…..

No one has made that claim. But please let me know whether McConnell had free will and led the vote or if he was held at gun point by Reid?

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes

Well now you understand why McConnell got to do what he did.  Blame Reid if you got a problem with it.  Or the Democrat Senators who voted for it.   Hell, just ask Chucky what he thinks about his vote to end the judicial filibuster!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No one has made that claim. But please let me know whether McConnell had free will and led the vote or if he was held at gun point by Reid?

Reid made the rule not McConnell.  Reid tried to carve out an exemption to his rule but as some have said on here, you can’t be a little bit pregnant. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well now you understand why McConnell got to do what he did.  Blame Reid if you got a problem with it.  Or the Democrat Senators who voted for it.   Hell, just ask Chucky what he thinks about his vote to end the judicial filibuster!

:laughpound:facepalm:

Mental gymnastics.  

Show me where Reid required McConnell to do it.

30 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Why wouldn’t he lead the vote?  Reid killed the filibuster for federal judicial nominees.  Why wouldn’t he play by the rules set forth by the opposition party?  Stop being ridiculous because your party changed the rules and now you have to live with it.

• Plus1 1