Biden's America

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Once more, no refute, but this time snark.  

It's obvious that you are going to tote the party line all the way on this.  So, there is no use pointing out for the 20th time how you're wrong.

It's impressive how devoted you are to the party.  I get it.  I was once there too.

Carry on.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

It's obvious that you are going to tote the party line all the way on this.  So, there is no use pointing out for the 20th time how you're wrong.

It's impressive how devoted you are to the party.  I get it.  I was once there too.

Carry on.

Has nothing to do with “party line”. It has everything to do with historical action and precedence by Harry Reid ending the filibuster for Federal judicial nominees.  He doesn’t get to pick and choose which ones fall under those guidelines once he opens the door.  

what I find impressive is your hatred for McConnell clouds your judgement so bad.  I understand McConnell has done things you don’t like, but blaming him for ending the filibuster on federal judicial nominees is insanity at its finest.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

what I find impressive is your hatred for McConnell clouds your judgement so bad.  I understand McConnell has done things you don’t like, but blaming him for ending the filibuster on federal judicial nominees is insanity at its finest.  

Naaa....I despise Reid too.

That's what you're able to do when you don't belong to one of the parties.

Still can't point to where Moscow Mitch was required to do it?

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Naaa....I despise Reid too.

That's what you're able to do when you don't belong to one of the parties.

Still can't point to where Moscow Mitch was required to do it?

It was already ended.  Reid “tried” to say Some federal judicial nominees didn’t fall under his nuclear option but that’s not the way this works.  

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid made the rule not McConnell.

This is a lie as I've shown you links discussing the vote on the rule that was led by McConnell. There would be no vote if McConnell wasn't changing the rules. And we know it's a lie because you know that's what happened:

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why wouldn’t he lead the vote?  Reid killed the filibuster for federal judicial nominees.  Why wouldn’t he play by the rules set forth by the opposition party?  Stop being ridiculous because your party changed the rules and now you have to live with it.

If you want to make an argument about Reid's rule changes setting the stage for McConnell to change the SC filibuster rules, then that's a different argument than pretending that McConnell didn't change the SC filibuster rule. McConnell is to blame for changing the SC filibuster rule as he's the one who did it. Reid is to blame for changing different filibuster rules about federal judges (that did not include the SC). A reasonable person can blame each of them for their own actions and does not resort to lying to try to shift the blame off of one onto the other.

In other words:

"Stop being ridiculous because your party changed the rules and now you have to live with it."

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It was already ended.  Reid “tried” to say Some federal judicial nominees didn’t fall under his nuclear option but that’s not the way this works.  

Ummm....no.  And that's why Moscow Mitch needed to have a vote to change the rules.  Or....are you completely denying that the Republicans voted to change the rules in the article that @RedDenver posted?

Now, Reid changed rules before which I don't agree with.  But, that doesn't mean Mitch needed to also.  And....it doesn't mean Reid forced him to do it.

But....I'm sure you will keep saying what the party wants you to say.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This is a lie as I've shown you links discussing the vote on the rule that was led by McConnell. There would be no vote if McConnell wasn't changing the rules. And we know it's a lie because you know that's what happened:

Reid changed the rules for federal judicial nominees through his nuclear option.  He tried to pick and choose which federal judges this applied to but that’s not how it works.  McConnell used the Reid Rule to apply across the board as it should once Reid broke that norm. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

Reid changed the rules for federal judicial nominees through his nuclear option.  He tried to pick and choose which federal judges this applied to but that’s not how it works.  McConnell used the Reid Rule to apply across the board as it should once Reid broke that norm. 

From @RedDenver article.

How is this ambiguous in any way?

In a historic party-line vote, the GOP changed the Senate rules to eliminate the 60-vote threshold for Supreme Court nominees and paved the way for President Trump’s pick to win final confirmation on Friday.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

In other words:

"Stop being ridiculous because your party changed the rules and now you have to live with it."

I’m not the one b!^@hing and complaining about it.  Once Reid set the precedent on federal judges it applies to all of them in my mind and McConnell agrees.  Just letting you complainers know who to blame though. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Reid broke the norm, we agree.

But you're trying really, really hard to excuse McConnell for leading a vote to change another rule. There's tons of evidence the vote happened, was led McConnell, and was used to break the Dem filibuster that would have prevented Gorsuch from getting to the SC. You can keep making excuses and lying about what happened, but we can all see what you're doing.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

From @RedDenver article.

How is this ambiguous in any way?

No.  McConnell used the Reid Rule and precedent to make sure the rule was applied across the board to all federal judicial nominees.  All Democrats who voted for the Reid rule and even those who didn’t knew what the future outcome would entail.  Yet most were ok with it.  Short sighted on their part 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not the one b!^@hing and complaining about it.  Once Reid set the precedent on federal judges it applies to all of them in my mind and McConnell agrees.  Just letting you complainers know who to blame though. 

No, you're trying to let McConnell avoid blame. We can all still blame Reid regardless of what McConnell did and vice versa. Try stepping back from your need to defend everything the GOP does. It's bonkers.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

No.  McConnell used the Reid Rule and precedent to make sure the rule was applied across the board to all federal judicial nominees.  All Democrats who voted for the Reid rule and even those who didn’t knew what the future outcome would entail.  Yet most were ok with it.  Short sighted on their part 

So you're saying there wasn't a vote that changed the SC filibuster rule? Despite all the evidence showing that it happened?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Reid broke the norm, we agree.

But you're trying really, really hard to excuse McConnell for leading a vote to change another rule. There's tons of evidence the vote happened, was led McConnell, and was used to break the Dem filibuster that would have prevented Gorsuch from getting to the SC. You can keep making excuses and lying about what happened, but we can all see what you're doing.

Tell me what I lied about?  I’ve clearly stated McConnell made the Reid rule go across the board for federal judicial nominees. Once Reid went down that road, he doesn’t get to pick and choose selectively who it applies to without someone making it standard across the board in the future.   Blame Harry.  Your Democrat friends in Congress do. 

• Plus1 1