Biden's America

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

This seems like money not well spent.  

Yep, $600 million down the draino!  

But who’s counting anyway, the country is in $32 trillion debt.   I guess why balk about $600 mill.  Hell, that $600 million could have went to good use elsewhere in the US like funding Ukraine more

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep, $600 million down the draino!  

But who’s counting anyway, the country is in $32 trillion debt.   I guess why balk about $600 mill.  Hell, that $600 million could have went to good use elsewhere in the US like funding Ukraine more

I even the most Covid Loving people have to admit this is a huge waste of money.  Right?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ny-gov-kathy-hochul-to-migrants-if-youre-going-to-leave-your-country-go-somewhere-else/

NIMBY.  If this were a GOP Gov, the calls of racism, xenophobia, etc would be constant

It's a pretty bad message, especially in New York of all places. The home of the Statue of Liberty. Immigration is a pretty complex issue, and there are certainly issues with infrastructure, housing capacity, etc when facing an influx of newcomers, and some places are going to be better suited than others for managing this. But saying "go somewhere else" is just...bad. 

I mean, I get it,.  I think we all get what she is saying/means.  They are getting crushed at the moment and it is an issue for that area, her choice of words maybe come off as a bit harsh but they are also well meant.  Opportunity there, as of right now, probably sucks.  So head to another area of the US where there is better opportunity.  

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It's a pretty bad message, especially in New York of all places. The home of the Statue of Liberty. Immigration is a pretty complex issue, and there are certainly issues with infrastructure, housing capacity, etc when facing an influx of newcomers, and some places are going to be better suited than others for managing this. But saying "go somewhere else" is just...bad. 

I think she has a point, not very well stated as you said above, but it’s a terrible look when past statements are all about “hey come here” “we are a sanctuary city/state” “those Republican Gov are racist” etc…..until the people do come and overwhelm the system yet there isn’t any reckoning for the past demagoguery people like espouses when this serious situation wasn’t affecting them.   

I do believe NY should get more support to handle the issue, but I also believe their should be acknowledgment of past statements and policies of people like her being unhelpful at the time.  

• Plus1 1