Biden's America

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

As I told JJ….you could easily google each politician and IRA to usually find out their objections.   What it may not say is things they liked about the bill.   You quoted me saying that “the other side” will say see they voted against blah blah blah…..I never said they admit they haven’t stated why they vote no.   And an  earlier response to you said politicians SHOULD state what they liked or disliked.  It did not state they haven’t.  

I guess all I’m asking for is for you to do a little introspection of your blanket support for Republicans.

You don’t know what was in the bill that Rs wouldn’t support. You don’t know what individual Rs didn’t like in the bill. But you do seem to know that they either didn’t support for specific reasons and/or simply because it was a D supported bill.

Maybe I’m wrong in assuming that you agree that allowing medicare to negotiate prices is a perfectly reasonable thing? Seems to me you might want to know exactly why your party refused to vote for it rather than just accepting that they didn’t. I’m not in the same boat. Until proven otherwise, I can accept that the Rs just don’t give a s#!t about the average citizen and are more concerned with just being anti everything D. We’ve got mounds of proof for that being the case.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

But it doesn’t.  That quote does not allude to or say what you claim below.

As I told JJ….you could easily google each politician and IRA to usually find out their objections.   What it may not say is things they liked about the bill.   You quoted me saying that “the other side” will say see they voted against blah blah blah…..I never said they admit they haven’t stated why they vote no.   And an  earlier response to you said politicians SHOULD state what they liked or disliked.  It did not state they haven’t.  

You win.  I give up.  I can honestly say I have no idea what is going on inside your thought and how it does/doesn’t come through in your posts.

I’m confident this is my last post to you.  Have a good one…

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess all I’m asking for is for you to do a little introspection of your blanket support for Republicans

I don’t have a blanket support.  That’s just factually incorrect.  There are some prominent R’a that I would like to see lose and some some bills over the years that I thought were stupid or unimportant when they could have done other things.  Just to head this off, if you ask for specifics, that will down on my list to do or get for you.  

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

But you do seem to know that they either didn’t support for specific reasons and/or simply because it was a D supported bill.

That just about covers all the basis though so yeah.  

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You win.  I give up.  I can honestly say I have no idea what is going on inside your thought and how it does/doesn’t come through in your posts.

I’m confident this is my last post to you.  Have a good one…

Sounds great.   Sorry you weren’t able to figure out pretty simple posts :dunno  Enjoy your night and the game tomorrow. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Even if you want to scoff at the geological record, let humans off the hook, and double down on a fossil fuel future, you have to accept that some real actual s#!t is going down, and it will adversely affect people and economies for the forseeable future. If certain deniers can get over their frothy manufactured partisanship, they might recognize that energy efficiency aligns perfectly with a conservative mindset and American exceptionalism.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3