Biden's America

24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You also missed the part where he tried to become a dictator.   Probably because he didn’t.   He did unsuccessfully try and get three states election certification delayed/changed, then he left.   I don’t think a Dictator would leave quite so easily, but maybe I’m off base on the current thought process of a Dictator.

I mean, if he fancied himself a dictator, he just wouldn’t have left no matter what and called in the military and killed his opposition.   right?!?!  Isn’t that what dictators do.  

Because I like to live in reality.   And reality tells me there is roughly a .00098% chance of Trump being elected President, becoming a dictator while changing our system of Government.   If anyone wants to take bets about it, I’m all game to do so for those confident in their predictions.   

He tried by motivating his followers to attack our government and stop the peaceful transition….leaving him in power. 

If you paid attention to the hearings, he knew some were armed. So, he basically tried to have his “military” keep him in power.  Luckily, we had people at the head of our military that he knew wouldn’t do that for him.  He can change that next time.  

Then, he has put people on the SC that owe him.  He’s said that already. 

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think he has at least a 25% chance of it if he’s elected. It’s crazy to not think it’s a legitimate possibility. You’ve got blinders on if you don’t think it is. 

I don’t understand why you think you need the comment about having a beer. Nobody saying this is doing it to try to impress anyone. They are just people paying a minimum amount of attention. 

I didn’t understand that to be a controversial comment.  It’s quite common phraseology when wanting an opinion regardless of what anyone else would think about it.  

I don’t understand why you would need to say they are people paying a minimal amount of attention.  I would assume people posting on HB in P&R are paying more than just a minimal amount of attention.  

So if you don’t mind…..walk me through the 25% chance of Trump becoming a Dictator and we no longer have our current three branch of government system.  How does he accomplish it.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bingo. 

What does Bingo mean in this sense.   Please walk me through how Trump stays in office after four years, we no longer have a Senate or House and the Supreme Court really means nothing.   

Now walk me through how the Military leaders say “welp OK, The Donald said he is a Dictator and has absolute power.   Guess we gotta go along to get along”.   

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

What does Bingo mean in this sense.   Please walk me through how Trump stays in office after four years, we no longer have a Senate or House and the Supreme Court really means nothing.   

Now walk me through how the Military leaders say “welp OK, The Donald said he is a Dictator and has absolute power.   Guess we gotta go along to get along”.   

Well, he does believe he can murder people as President and not be prosecuted. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He tried by motivating his followers to attack our government and stop the peaceful transition….leaving him in power. 

If you paid attention to the hearings, he knew some were armed. So, he basically tried to have his “military” keep him in power.  Luckily, we had people at the head of our military that he knew wouldn’t do that for him.  He can change that next time.  

Then, he has put people on the SC that owe him.  He’s said that already. 

So you think he tried to become a Dictator with absolute power by using a rag tag group of 40 year old beer bellied rioters?  It’s was gonna be that easy to change 230ish years of governance?  Do China and Russia not have any thoughts on how apparently easy it is to destroy how we operate?   

Do you know what Senate confirmed positions are?

Do you know how SCOTUS is confirmed?  

Do you know SCOTUS has already rules against some of his agenda items?  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, he does believe he can murder people as President and not be prosecuted. 

I really don’t give a s#!t about what he believes or what he says.   Why doesn’t he murder someone and prove it?    Reality says different Because he knows he’s toast if he does it.   

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So you think he tried to become a Dictator with absolute power by using a rag tag group of 40 year old beer bellied rioters?  It’s was gonna be that easy to change 230ish years of governance?  Do China and Russia not have any thoughts on how apparently easy it is to destroy how we operate?   

Do you know what Senate confirmed positions are?

Do you know how SCOTUS is confirmed?  

Do you know SCOTUS has already rules against some of his agenda items?  

I believe that our form of government has lasted because the people have believed in it and(.for the most part) elected officials who also believe in it and protect it. 

I firmly believe this is what he wants to do. He’s said repeatedly how he admires dictators around the world. He now has roughly 35% of the population believing what he says about this and agrees with him. That’s the majority of one major party. 

When you question if I believe this is possible, I think back and remember a time when I never thought a piece of s#!t like him could get elected and still have that much support. 

You might not believe this, but there are actually people who voted for him twice after already knowing all this about him. 

And, there are already people throughout our government who 100% support him in all this. 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I really don’t give a s#!t about what he believes or what he says.   Why doesn’t he murder someone and prove it?    Reality says different Because he knows he’s toast if he does it.   

He’s not in office anymore to have the immunity he believes in. He’s talked multiple times about taking out retribution on people who want to keep him out of power. 

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Walk me through how he becomes Dictator for life in this fantasy world of yours?  Like specifically how it comes to fruition please.  

You’re caught up in a semantics argument and glossing over the attempt. Don’t worry if Trump falls into your exact definition of a dictator. Don’t worry about if he would become a dictator or transform our government. That isn’t the point. Hopefully we have enough safeguards in place to prevent things from going even further with another better attempt. Instead focus on if we (you) really want Trump anywhere near that seat of power again. And believe him when he says he will punish those who oppose him. Trust that he has figured out new better ways to get those electors overturned.  Know that he will put key people in place to help him and remove those that oppose him. Isn’t that enough? Focusing on if he would be ultimately successful is only empowering him to make another attempt.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He now has roughly 35% of the population believing what he says about this and agrees with him. That’s the majority of one major party.

Where is this respected poll that says 35% of people believe Donald Trump should be a Dictator?   

You nor anyone else has yet to walk me through the step by step process of how DJT gets from Point A (elected President) to Point B (Declared Dictator who never has to leave office) within 3 1/2 years.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He’s not in office anymore to have the immunity he believes in. He’s talked multiple times about taking out retribution on people who want to keep him out of power

He had four years in office with people he absolutely despised and who accused him of being a Russian plant, yet did nothing of the sort.   Because he knows it’s all bluster talk and he would find himself behind bars.  He will lose his absolute immunity case 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

He had four years in office with people he absolutely despised and who accused him of being a Russian plant, yet did nothing of the sort.   Because he knows it’s all bluster talk and he would find himself behind bars.  He will lose his absolute immunity case 

I think he will too. But that’s not going to stop him from trying if he is reelected. 

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You’re caught up in a semantics argument

The semantics are pretty damn important.   I mean what are doing now?  Talking Dictator Light? Mini Dictator? Kinda Dictator but not really Dictator because he has no power of a dictator but I already said he would be one and I don’t want to be wrong?  

It’s quite clear that people actually are afraid Trump will be a Dictator and rule over the US without ever leaving office when his term is done.  

• Plus1 1

It’s quite clear that people actually are afraid Trump will be a Dictator and rule over the US without ever leaving office when his term is done.  

True. 

So, let’s agree to do what it takes to make it not happen. No matter if you think it’s possible or not, agree?  If so we are on the same team here. 

• Plus1 2

The semantics are pretty damn important.   I mean what are doing now?  Talking Dictator Light? Mini Dictator? Kinda Dictator but not really Dictator because he has no power of a dictator but I already said he would be one and I don’t want to be wrong?  

As expected you picked one little part of what was said instead of addressing the important parts. You and others like you are exactly why that mfer still has a shot at being elected again. Thanks for being part of the problem.

• TBH 2