Biden's America

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Or is your story now that Trump would not punish those who oppose him, that he would not place puppets in positions of power? That he learned nothing about where he failed on his first run at subverting an election? They were just rowdy tourists, amiright?

1) Trump always talks s#!t on people who oppose him and he is losing court case after court case to those he “tries to punish”.  That’s the great thing about our system.  Courts are the great equalizer to power! 

2)  Most positions of power are Senate confirmed positions requiring 60 votes.  

3)  Have I called the rioters just rowdy tourists? Ever? So no you aren’t right and can take that BS to others that have.  

18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You sure do place a lot of trust in Trump’s good nature. Yeah yeah, obligatory “I won’t vote for him” bs. If you think he is not a danger and damaging to our democracy, I don’t know what else to tell ya. It wouldn’t do any good anyway, proven by your failures so far.

I don’t place any trust in Trump’s good nature as you call it because it doesn’t matter one bit in the discussion of him being President beyond his elected term.  Neither do our safeguards and system of government care.  They don’t allow it regardless of Trumps good or not so good nature.  Hell, look no further than the Court system smacking him down on case after case.  But yeah, yeah.   He will Dictate his way into doing whatever he wants to do regardless of legality.   Nope, no one or nothing will stop him:ahhhhhhhh

My failures???  I’m interested…..

22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You keep saying you’re going to vote for Desantis. Unfortunately for you he isn’t going to be on the ballot. I think we all fully understand what you’ll do at that point. I mean why should we take you at your word, you won’t even take Trump at his own words.

I really don’t care if some anonymous message board dudes takes my word or not:dunno.  No skin off my back.  And fortunately for me, write in candidates are a thingy.  

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

2)  Most positions of power are Senate confirmed positions requiring 60 votes.  

With the notable exception of every cabinet position, judicial district appointment, foreign ambassador, envoy, Chief of Staff, advisor, lawyer, and inner circle member whispering in your ear. 

34 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

With the notable exception of every cabinet position, judicial district appointment, foreign ambassador, envoy, Chief of Staff, advisor, lawyer, and inner circle member whispering in your ear. 

Let alone going with "acting" positions in order to bypass the Senate confirmation process.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

With the notable exception of every cabinet position

The Cabinet

The Cabinet is an advisory body made up of the heads of the 15 executive departments. Appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate, the members of the Cabinet are often the President’s closest confidants. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-executive-branch/#:~:text=The President is responsible for,federal agencies%2C including the Cabinet.

https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures/nominations.htm#:~:text=The United States Constitution provides,are not herein otherwise provided

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

With the notable exception of every cabinet position, judicial district appointment, foreign ambassador

The United States Constitution provides that the president "shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for." (Article II, section 2).

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221  I think you were asking about the border bill in the Senate. Guess who is the problem.  

I am thinking back to what you mean when I was asking about the Senate Bill.

For me personally…..judging by what was leaked, I think the Senate Bill is pretty bad and nothing would be better than that.  Just my opinion and it’s possible those leaks are not a fair representation of what’s in the bill.  

As far as Trump is concerned….I would 100% agree with you if you are trying to say Trump does not want an immigration bill to be passed during this campaign season.   It could possibly give Joe momentum and Trump would hate that for sure.  

• Plus1 1