Biden's America

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m looking back at Donald Trump who was in office for four years controlling the Presidency and keep thinking to myself “man, how did we ever avoid this dude just declaring himself Dictator in Chief and screw us all.  No more Democratic Republic for us.  But I guess he’s certainly going to NOW become our Dictator:blink:.  Just you wait”.  

oh wait, you were saying something about something being laughable?? As JJ would eloquently say, wake me when we live under a Dictatorship! 

Well for the record, he did use the Presidency to declare himself dictator in chief, inasmuch as refusing to cede a democratic election really tips your dictatorial hat. That the bullwarks of democracy held tough against his unprecedented attempt gives hope. Yet Trump has spent the intervening years doubling down on his stolen elections claims, defending and championing the people who used violence in his defense, while red state legislatures quietly tweaked their election statutes to more easily award electoral votes regardless of actual vote counts. By everyone's account, they got smarter about how to pull off an autocracy. 

I mean, Donald Trump literally said "I will rule as a dictator from Day One" and has unambiguously promised vengeance against his detractors. He literally used Hitler quotes to rile the base, and literally admires (and envies) Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung-Un, and Benito Mussolini, and literally invited straight-up Nazi Nick Fuentes to Mar-a-Lago and considers him an influencer/ally. Rather than terrify GOP voters, Trump is coasting to an unprecedented nomination to be President again. And he was a nightmare before, which you pretend to admit, but not really. I'm hoping the bullwarks still hold, even as people like you undermine them out of reflex, but it's hard to imagine this will be pretty. If we wait for the dictatorship to really prove itself before we wake up, all we can say is "ooops." 

On the other hand.....Hunter Biden.

Now go sit down and think about what you've done. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FIFY

And...I don't know if he could accomplish it or not.  But, it's clear that he's tried and has said specifically that he will again and his followers agree that he should be a dictator.

Sooo......pardon me if I pay attention and will fight against giving him the chance.

FWIW….I know he couldn’t accomplish it.  But feel free to worry about it till your Hearts content.  I got more than enough legitimate things to worry about…like making sure my billions show up on Feb 1 since I claimed my billionaire status.  

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

FWIW….I know he couldn’t accomplish it.  But feel free to worry about it till your Hearts content.  I got more than enough legitimate things to worry about…like making sure my billions show up on Feb 1 since I claimed my billionaire status.  

Even if he doesn't accomplish it (which, I would agree it's less than 50% chance if he's President), look at all the problems he has caused already by trying.

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well for the record, he did use the Presidency to declare himself dictator in chief, inasmuch as refusing to cede a democratic election really tips your dictatorial hat.

I must have missed that declaration, since he willingly got on some machine that whisked him away from the very house a Self proclaimed Dictator would never leave.  

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

mean, Donald Trump literally said "I will rule as a dictator from Day One" and has unambiguously promised vengeance against his detractors.

Like I said before, I didn’t realize it was that east.   I wonder why no one else just declared themselves Dictator?  Can I do this next once The Donald is done playing Dictator?   I mean as long as I declare it beforehand?  

Hopefully by my words, you all understand how silly this Dictatorship talk is. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Well for the record, he did use the Presidency to declare himself dictator in chief, inasmuch as refusing to cede a democratic election really tips your dictatorial hat. That the bullwarks of democracy held tough against his unprecedented attempt gives hope. Yet Trump has spent the intervening years doubling down on his stolen elections claims, defending and championing the people who used violence in his defense, while red state legislatures quietly tweaked their election statutes to more easily award electoral votes regardless of actual vote counts. By everyone's account, they got smarter about how to pull off an autocracy. 

I mean, Donald Trump literally said "I will rule as a dictator from Day One" and has unambiguously promised vengeance against his detractors. He literally used Hitler quotes to rile the base, and literally admires (and envies) Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung-Un, and Benito Mussolini, and literally invited straight-up Nazi Nick Fuentes to Mar-a-Lago and considers him an influencer/ally. Rather than terrify GOP voters, Trump is coasting to an unprecedented nomination to be President again. And he was a nightmare before, which you pretend to admit, but not really. I'm hoping the bullwarks still hold, even as people like you undermine them out of reflex, but it's hard to imagine this will be pretty. If we wait for the dictatorship to really prove itself before we wake up, all we can say is "ooops." 

On the other hand.....Hunter Biden.

Now go sit down and think about what you've done. 

Hogwash. Nothing to see here.

-Archy (not probably)

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hogwash. Nothing to see here.

-Archy (not probably)

Do you honestly believe that Trump (if elected) will change a system of government that has been in place for almost 250 years?   Honestly:dunno.   

Like, it’s just you and I talking over a beer and no other HB posters around so you don’t have to worry about them agreeing or not.   You could say with a straight face that a Trump Dictatorship is a legitimate possibility.   

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I must have missed that declaration, since he willingly got on some machine that whisked him away from the very house a Self proclaimed Dictator would never leave.  

Like I said before, I didn’t realize it was that east.   I wonder why no one else just declared themselves Dictator?  Can I do this next once The Donald is done playing Dictator?   I mean as long as I declare it beforehand?  

Hopefully by my words, you all understand how silly this Dictatorship talk is. 

I missed the part where you successfully refuted anything in my post.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't count if he didn't get away with it? And that we shouldn't be concerned that he's coming back for more?

BRB has a point: isn't the fallout and disruption of Trump's past attempts worthy of concern all by itself? Given Trump stomping your man DeSantis and being given a mandate for all he's said and done to this point, why would you laugh him off? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Do you honestly believe that Trump (if elected) will change a system of government that has been in place for almost 250 years?   Honestly:dunno.   

Like, it’s just you and I talking over a beer and no other HB posters around so you don’t have to worry about them agreeing or not.   You could say with a straight face that a Trump Dictatorship is a legitimate possibility.   

For f#&% sakes, dude, democratic elections and the peaceful transfer of power have been in place for almost 250 years, and that did not stop Donald Trump from trying to hold onto office against everything in the Constitution. He may have been a slightly more loyal Vice-President and/or handful of Secretaries of State from getting away with it. And you can credit or blame the Secret Service for preventing Donald Trump from leading the insurgents into the Capitol chambers. Sounds like a deluded libtard nightmare. Wish it was. 

Your party is currently running under a banner declaring the previous and perfectly legal election being stolen, and has been hard at work undermining that system at strategic and typically overlooked state levels. https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/01/republicans-elections-key-states-2024-00124734

Loyalty is Donald Trump's first and only criteria, and he will be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill his ranks. Thanks not paranoid conjecture. It's just how he operates. Why on Earth won't you take Donald Trump at his word? 

We can argue about the odds or severity of a more autocratic Trump, but only a fool would laugh this off. 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

For f#&% sakes, dude, democratic elections and the peaceful transfer of power have been in place for almost 250 years, and that did not stop Donald Trump from trying to hold onto office against everything in the Constitution. He may have been a slightly more loyal Vice-President and/or handful of Secretaries of State from getting away with it. And you can credit or blame the Secret Service for preventing Donald Trump from leading the insurgents into the Capitol chambers. Sounds like a deluded libtard nightmare. Wish it was. 

Your party is currently running under a banner declaring the previous and perfectly legal election being stolen, and has been hard at work undermining that system at strategic and typically overlooked state levels. https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/01/republicans-elections-key-states-2024-00124734

Loyalty is Donald Trump's first and only criteria, and he will be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill his ranks. Thanks not paranoid conjecture. It's just how he operates. Why on Earth won't you take Donald Trump at his word? 

We can argue about the odds or severity of a more autocratic Trump, but only a fool would laugh this off. 

Flynn would be a part of his power circle if reelected. Let that sink in.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I think he has at least a 25% chance of it if he’s elected. It’s crazy to not think it’s a legitimate possibility. You’ve got blinders on if you don’t think it is. 

I don’t understand why you think you need the comment about having a beer. Nobody saying this is doing it to try to impress anyone. They are just people paying a minimum amount of attention. 

• Plus1 3

37 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

but only a fool would laugh this off. 

Well - I think that is an appropriate label for those who downgrade what Trump can and would do.  Another label: Enabler.  A vote for Trump enables him to have that opportunity to do WHAT HE SAYS HE WILL DO.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I missed the part where you successfully refuted anything in my post.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't count if he didn't get away with it? And that we shouldn't be concerned that he's coming back for more?

You also missed the part where he tried to become a dictator.   Probably because he didn’t.   He did unsuccessfully try and get three states election certification delayed/changed, then he left.   I don’t think a Dictator would leave quite so easily, but maybe I’m off base on the current thought process of a Dictator.

I mean, if he fancied himself a dictator, he just wouldn’t have left no matter what and called in the military and killed his opposition.   right?!?!  Isn’t that what dictators do.  

BRB has a point: isn't the fallout and disruption of Trump's past attempts worthy of concern all by itself? Given Trump stomping your man DeSantis and being given a mandate for all he's said and done to this point, why would you laugh him off?

Because I like to live in reality.   And reality tells me there is roughly a .00098% chance of Trump being elected President, becoming a dictator while changing our system of Government.   If anyone wants to take bets about it, I’m all game to do so for those confident in their predictions.   

• Plus1 1

:lol: Or people who live in reality knowing Trump will not become Dictator of the previous USofA. 

For f#&%s sake :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1

Walk me through how he becomes Dictator for life in this fantasy world of yours?  Like specifically how it comes to fruition please.  

• Plus1 1