Biden's America

8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Crazy, isn't it.....

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 9.26.38 AM.png

I have only a few possible explanations for this.

1- A significant number of potential voters are detached from reality.

2- Also it’s possible that, for some, their reality is much different than others. For example, personally I think the economy has been great. Sure there has been some nasty inflation and most everything costs more but for many income is also up and my business has been doing great ever since the start of the pandemic. I can’t complain but I can see how many could. And to be clear, imo, elections are always primarily about the economy and how people feel they are doing in that economy. It is somewhat human nature to feel you should be faring better than you are.

3- And this one may be harsh but Trump supporters are, how did Hillary put it, deplorables. It has been obvious for quite some time that many of them have racist tendencies, don’t really understand the basis of our country, are more than willing to push their religious beliefs on others and are perfectly content to watch it burn as long as they feel their scumbag candidate will cater to their ugly desires.

4- Neither party has a single candidate (or senator or congressperson) worth a damn. Joe may look like a saint compared to Trump but he is not a strong candidate imo. He is just plain too old. He only seems good because the alternative is so much worse. Our system is broken. Better people won’t strive for these offices because the current state of affairs favors extremism and not working together. And the ones who do strive for office do it for selfish reasons and not out of any sense of duty for others. Basically we’re f#&%ed and it will likely only get worse.

Happy New Year! :lol:

• TBH 2

15 hours ago, commando said:

War is on the doorstep. Stock holders will be happy. 

everyone else will suffer. But at least we can keep making missiles to supply foreign countries. keep firing up that debt. Anyone 65+ and rich like them doesn’t have to give a s#!t because they will be dead before it matters to them. f#&% everyone else!

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, Decked said:

everyone else will suffer. But at least we can keep making missiles to supply foreign countries. keep firing up that debt. Anyone 65+ and rich like them doesn’t have to give a s#!t because they will be dead before it matters to them. f#&% everyone else!

And the 65+ crowd tends to go an vote.

We also have this weird "cut military spending" crowd , which I agree with but those are also the same people yelling "give more weapons and money to other countries" crowd.

And yes, get your oil and shipping stocks NOW!

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Decked said:

The reality is that voters do not want programs cut and they simultaneously do not want their taxes to pay for them. 

Blame the median voter for failing to hold viable policy positions. The American public demands large deficit spending. They reward politicians who comply and end the political careers of politicians who don't. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1