Biden's America

Yeah, why can't we turn off the spigot until the water drains a bit? Our government does not care or we do not have the ability. 

https://siouxcountyradio.com/fox-news-latest/nyc-democrat-demands-biden-close-border-after-migrants-displace-daughter-from-high-school-not-fair-to-us/

"New York State Assemblywoman Jaime Williams urged Biden to close the southern border after her daughter’s school went remote to accommodate nearly 2,000 asylum seekers."

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 2
4 minutes ago, nic said:

Yeah, why can't we turn off the spigot until the water drains a bit? Our government does not care or we do not have the ability. 

https://siouxcountyradio.com/fox-news-latest/nyc-democrat-demands-biden-close-border-after-migrants-displace-daughter-from-high-school-not-fair-to-us/

"New York State Assemblywoman Jaime Williams urged Biden to close the southern border after her daughter’s school went remote to accommodate nearly 2,000 asylum seekers."

Don’t worry about it so much.  It was closed due to weather or something like that I’m told.  And it is just right wing talking points anyways.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Don’t worry about it so much.  It was closed due to weather or something like that I’m told.  And it is just right wing talking points anyways.  

As I said previously.  I also have a problem with it if the school remains closed after others in the area are opened back up.

Interestingly, this never would be a problem if they weren't shipped there without actual services being prepared for.  Meanwhile, the US is spending billions in Texas to already take care of them in actual warm weather.  But...no....Republicans have to make a pathetic political statement and cause this problem to occur.....then complain about Democrats when they are taking care of the people who Republicans sent north in the winter.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

As I said previously.  I also have a problem with it if the school remains closed after others in the area are opened back up.

Interestingly, this never would be a problem if they weren't shipped there without actual services being prepared for.  Meanwhile, the US is spending billions in Texas to already take care of them in actual warm weather.  But...no....Republicans have to make a pathetic political statement and cause this problem to occur.....then complain about Democrats when they are taking care of the people who Republicans sent north in the winter.

Interestingly, this would never be a problem in Texas of illegals sleeping under bridges, needing to shipped elsewhere because resources, billions as you say, have been exhausted, if security was in place to keep them all in Mexico until properly processed/vetted also in warm weather!

And no, you had no problem with it even after being shown the school wasn’t affected by weather and those kids would have been in school if not for the plan hatched to kick the kids out of their school for the reason shown on the reports.  

• TBH 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Interestingly, this would never be a problem in Texas of illegals sleeping under bridges, needing to shipped elsewhere because resources, billions as you say, have been exhausted, if security was in place to keep them all in Mexico until properly processed/vetted also in warm weather!

And no, you had no problem with it even after being shown the school wasn’t affected by weather and those kids would have been in school if not for the plan hatched to kick the kids out of their school for the reason shown on the reports.  

Interestingly, this would be much less of a problem if politicians actually wanted to fix the problem so these people could be hired and become a contributing part of our society.  But...neither Trump nor Biden have fixed it.  And...don't give me "build the wall" BS.....the same wall they are just walking through today.

Oh...and....Biden has had multiple proposals on border security.....Republicans don't want to vote on them.

You have never proven those kids would have been in school.  You are assuming so....while other schools in the area were closed also.

Like I said, if it's closed longer...then I have a problem with it.....so, if it's still closed, then let's just agree that it's a problem.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...and....Biden has had multiple proposals on border security.....Republicans don't want to vote on them

You mean like the one Schumer/Biden  is sitting on that was passed by the House? 

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You have never proven those kids would have been in school.  You are assuming so....while other schools in the area were closed also.

Do you even know where the “other schools in the area” are located in relation to the affected HS:blink: 

Did you link to any other schools closed that were actually close to the school affected? 
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/newyork/news/asylum-seekers-relocated-from-shelter-at-floyd-bennett-field-to-james-madison-high-school-due-to-storm-prompting-remote-learning/

It’s a problem it happened in the first place.  That’s the statement you should be agreeing with.  Not just if it continues

• Plus1 1

@Archy1221 See....Republicans don't want to fix the problem right now because that would help Biden.  So...most in congress don't want to fix it.  But, McConnell is telling them they better do it now if they really want to fix it.

So...spare me the argument that Republicans want to fix the problem and Democrats don't.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221 See....Republicans don't want to fix the problem right now because that would help Biden.  So...most in congress don't want to fix it.  But, McConnell is telling them they better do it now if they really want to fix it.

So...spare me the argument that Republicans want to fix the problem and Democrats don't.

will Schumer allow a vote on HR 2?  Are you mad that Schumer doesn’t want to fix the problem and vote on that solution?  

Back to original discussion.  Did you figure out how many other schools within a 5 mile radius were closed “due to weather” since that is your insinuation of what caused the school closure? 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

will Schumer allow a vote on HR 2?  Are you mad that Schumer doesn’t want to fix the problem and vote on that solution?

I don't know anything about the bill.  But....it should be at least considered and debated. 

You see, it's simple to do that when I'm not devoted to one party.

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Back to original discussion.  Did you figure out how many other schools within a 5 mile radius were closed “due to weather” since that is your insinuation of what caused the school closure? 

No, because I really don't care.  If the immigrants are gone after one night.....so what.  If they are still there while kids are at home....then it's a problem.  Not sure how many times I need to say that.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don't know anything about the bill.

Yet you constantly say R’s have done nothing and while also saying nothing about the lack of votes on bills already sent up.  

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, because I really don't care.  If the immigrants are gone after one night.....so what.  If they are still there while kids are at home....then it's a problem.  Not sure how many times I need to say that.

So why did you try and falsely make a big deal of saying it was a traditional weather related school closure and not a closure to house the illegal immigrants?  That is if you don’t care? 

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So why did you try and falsely make a big deal of saying it was a traditional weather related school closure and not a closure to house the illegal immigrants?  That is if you don’t care? 

I didn't falsely make that up.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/new-york-school-faces-backlash-for-housing-migrants-theyll-come-for-homes-next-elon-musk-101704859534639.html#:~:text=James Madison High School in,its gymnasiums and auditorium overnight.

There were many who came out to support the school's decision considering New York is going through rough weather and the Floyd Benet Field is an inhumane facility to house the migrants.

However many on the internet also supported the Mayor's decision to use the school facilities as migrant shelters. The city is bracing up for a powerful storm that will bring in major flooding and damaging winds has arrived in the Tri-State area.

A Flood Watch remains in effect for New Jersey and parts of New York and Pennsylvania into early Wednesday. The combination of 2"-4" of rain along with saturated ground and melting snowpack could mean particularly widespread flooding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nyc-decision-move-migrants-tent-shelter-school-storm-draws-fire-rcna133236

New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Tuesday afternoon that with winds up to 70 mph expected, the city was proactively relocating the migrant families from the tent shelter at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn “out of an abundance of caution to ensure the well-being of those entrusted to our care.”

“While families are already in the process of temporarily being relocated, the city will ensure that essential services and the highest level of support are provided to all impacted by this decision,” Adams, a Democrat, said in a statement.

It's just horrible that the city would actually care about these people...isn't it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
33 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet you constantly say R’s have done nothing and while also saying nothing about the lack of votes on bills already sent up.  

Well, the issue with HR 2 is that it passed with no Democrat support. It aggressively curbs Asylum, funds the wall, and puts the onus on US Employers to verify - under penalty of prison - that their workers are documented via E-Verify.

While some provisions are viable - increasing the requirements for Asylum seekers, for example - are good, mandating documented employees without simultaneously increasing legal immigration for agricultural workers is pointless. 

If Republicans are serious about the border, which I don't think they are, they have an opportunity to actually help border states who are overwhelmed and lack resources. They have a perfect opportunity to cut ac deal to limit Asylum, mandate E-Verify, but trade-off increasing caps on Agricultural workers and other forms of legal immigration on other sections of the economy that rely on undocumented labor.

Republicans can get 80% of what they want regarding HR 2, and what they give up is simply common sense. I hope they set aside their election year bulls#!t and get something done.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are changing the goalposts and you know know it.   Your first posts on the subject were to links showing other schools closed due to weather related events and making a case the school in question was also closing for a weather related event.   

When in reality it was closing to house immigrants not because kids couldn’t attend school due to weather.  

Edit…..if you had to go to Hindustantimes in order to try and make an argument about NYC area weather, you mighhhhhhht be trying to reach too hard.   Just saying. :) 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1