Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Good for Ben Sasse. 

Pretty pathetic.   We have the worse 'inside' attack on our political system since the Civil War, and the worse attack on the Capital itself since the War of 1812 and the pathetic GOP has no courage to investigate.    Man, what a pathetic, small minded and TRAITOROUS group. 

I don't know if Sasse will run for president in 2024 - but he'll get my primary vote based on this alone if he does. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/was-attack-our-capitol-murkowski-criticizes-gop-colleagues-opposing-jan-n1268906

Six GOP senators broke with their leadership and voted with 48 Democratic members to proceed to debate the bill: Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska; Rob Portman, of Ohio; Ben Sasse, of Nebraska; Bill Cassidy, of Louisiana; Mitt Romney, of Utah; and Susan Collins, of Maine.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Pretty pathetic.   We have the worse 'inside' attack on our political system since the Civil War, and the worse attack on the Capital itself since the War of 1812 and the pathetic GOP has no courage to investigate.    Man, what a pathetic, small minded and TRAITOROUS group. 

I don't know if Sasse will run for president in 2024 - but he'll get my primary vote based on this alone if he does. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/was-attack-our-capitol-murkowski-criticizes-gop-colleagues-opposing-jan-n1268906

It's not even worth typing this because it's obvious to everyone here, even the Trump supporters.  If it was really Antifa that stormed the Capitol sure as hell the Republicans would have an investigation.  If it were only tourists peacefully roaming the halls of the Capitol, they'd investigate that too just to make the Democrats look like they were hyperventilating.  It's clear they know it was their ilk that assaulted our democracy.  Even though this is crystal clear, I've lost faith that an overwhelming majority of Americans can see the truth.  Truly our democracy is on Rubber Leg Street and if it survives the next half decade I'd be surprised.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s (past) time for the Democratics in congress to get mean and make things really uncomfortable for the GOP.  Screw em.  From a commission on your own.  Subpoena McCarthy and everyone else.  The R’s will cry political revenge, but who cares.   They don’t play by the rules.   Show everyone the two sides of Kevin McCarthy.   Use your freaking power Pelosi!!

• Plus1 3
23 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It’s (past) time for the Democratics in congress to get mean and make things really uncomfortable for the GOP.  Screw em.  From a commission on your own.  Subpoena McCarthy and everyone else.  The R’s will cry political revenge, but who cares.   They don’t play by the rules.   Show everyone the two sides of Kevin McCarthy.   Use your freaking power Pelosi!!

agree with you and @Scarlet  - These matters are more important than partisanship.  This type of matter has a much more far reaching consequence than a squabble over budget items or basic policy.  This strikes to the core of our democracy and the GOP leadership has not only failed in protecting our democracy but along wt Trump are the tools of its destruction.   Ronald Reagan, Eisenhower, Lincoln and even more recent GOP presidents  GWB and GHWB would not recognize this kind of tyranny/treasonous behavior.  While Nixon was an impeachable crook, he would not have stood for this either. 

If ever there was a time to end the filibuster  - now is the time.  If ever there was a time for a party to act unilaterally on a topic, how is the time.   The Dem leaders need to take charge on this issue - otherwise they will own it when they did nothing and history records that they missed their opportunity to stop treasonous activity in its tracks.  Allowing the GOP to get by with this will only embolden future insurrectionists to take even more bold action.  Not all insurrectionists were storming the halls of Congress, many were sitting at the seat of power within the House and Senate - elected officials who encouraged and then looked the other way.

• Plus1 3

We all read Animal Farm.  It's like these insurrection supporters in the GOP read that last chapter, closed the book, and said "I don't get it".  :dunno  Like they somehow think this whole thing can't wind up flipping on them too.

• Plus1 2