Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I can’t.  But I could show you the leaders of the party like HRC, Stacey Abrams, JB’s press Secretary, the Jan 6 commission members, etc denying elections results.  

How are J6C members denying election results?  They are literally exposing GOP election deniers. That would be an all time dog chasing tail act if you statement was true 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

How are J6C members denying election results?  They are literally exposing GOP election deniers. That would be an all time dog chasing tail act if you statement was true 

Did you know that Jamie Raskin, an impeachment manager, voted to NOT certify a Presidential election way back in 2016?  The same thing he has chastised Republicans in Congress for doing.  

Did you know that Bennie Thompson, chair of Jan 6 committee, objected to the 2004 Presidential election results?   That he says the 2016 election is in doubt because of Russia? 

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's actually a pretty funny question.

But prove me wrong. Defend Ron Desantis' quest for immigration justice. 

You throw out a stupid question and then say, “ we’ll prove me wrong” :facepalm:

what harm came of some those migrants that were living on Texas streets?  Was the hotel bed to hard?   Were the bus shocks not very good on the way to MVY when it hit potholes hurting someone’s back vs the 1000 mile completely safe I’m sure treck from somewhere in central or South America?  Was it The food apparently given to the migrants by the good people of MVY for a day or two (before they got tired of the migrants).   I mean, what was worse than living in the street?   

secondly, why can’t Northeastern states take care of “their fair share”? 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Outside of a few wackos like Laura Loomer, do you have examples of people who lost elections this year and refuse to concede?

Example please

Your opinion which you are certainly entitled too.  Sorry he’s hurt you.  

Why would Democrats do that?  Kinda sick to do:thumbs

#1 is absurd on its face because you’re pretending the default position of your party, one used to keep complete morons and conspiracy nuts alike in the tent, is that the 2020 election was a farce and Trump actually won.

Sample above of you wish to open your eyes. What could possibly go wrong with loosening election laws and rules at the behest of the people described above?

Is it that hard to admit he’s just a smug a$$h@!e you like because he’s on your team? That would be a lot more intellectually honest.

Unironically probably the nicest thing you’ve said about a Democrat on this board.

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You throw out a stupid question and then say, “ we’ll prove me wrong” :facepalm:

what harm came of some those migrants that were living on Texas streets?  Was the hotel bed to hard?   Were the bus shocks not very good on the way to MVY when it hit potholes hurting someone’s back vs the 1000 mile completely safe I’m sure treck from somewhere in central or South America?  Was it The food apparently given to the migrants by the good people of MVY for a day or two (before they got tired of the migrants).   I mean, what was worse than living in the street?   

secondly, why can’t Northeastern states take care of “their fair share”? 

so you didn't actually follow this story.

either way, that is one horribly smug and f#&%ed up response.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

so you didn't actually follow this story.

either way, that is one horribly smug and f#&%ed up response.

So I did follow the story.  Kinda why I posted the events that happened and why you didn’t dispute any of them.  You just pissed and moaned about smugness or something something 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Did you know that Jamie Raskin, an impeachment manager, voted to NOT certify a Presidential election way back in 2016?  The same thing he has chastised Republicans in Congress for doing.  

Did you know that Bennie Thompson, chair of Jan 6 committee, objected to the 2004 Presidential election results?   That he says the 2016 election is in doubt because of Russia? 

7 democrats in 2016 = 147 republicans who voted to not certify in 2020.   1 seems like an outlier...1 seems like a currupt party

• Plus1 3

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So I did follow the story.  Kinda why I posted the events that happened and why you didn’t dispute any of them.  You just pissed and moaned about smugness or something something 

I was thinking more about the plotting, lying, cheating and cruelty part, but you've made the immigrant experience sound so delightful I almost envy them. 

• Plus1 1

Why I have zero confidence that justice will be done if the Trump cases of election fraud and insurrection end up in the Supreme Court. 

Graham should have testified a long time ago before the Ga grand jury.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/supreme-court-justice-clarence-thomas-temporarily-blocks-sen-grahams-subpoena-from-georgia-grand-jury.html

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas temporarily blocks Sen. Graham’s subpoena from Georgia grand jury

• Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas temporarily blocked a Georgia grand jury subpoena demanding testimony from South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham.
    • The Fulton County grand jury investigating possible criminal interference in the 2020 election in the state by former President Donald Trump and allies including Graham.
    • Trump had pressured Georgia’s top elections official to “find” him enough votes to overturn the win in the state by President Joe Biden.
    • A federal appeals court last week refused a request by Graham to delay the subpeona.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas on Monday temporarily blocked a subpoena demanding testimony from South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham from a Georgia grand jury investigating election interference by former President Donald Trump.

The hold on the subpoena came three days after Graham’s attorneys asked Thomas to delay the senator’s appearance before the grand jury, which is investigating possible criminal interference in Georgia’s presidential election in 2020.

On Thursday, a panel of judges on the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals unanimously rejected a request by Graham to temporarily block the subpoena, which calls for the senator to testify on Nov. 17 in an Atlanta courthouse.

The appeals panel said Graham had failed to show he was likely to succeed on an appeal challenging the legality of the demand for his testimony. Last month, a federal district judge upheld the legality of the grand jury’s subpoena.

The grand jury specifically is probing the actions of Trump and his allies, including Graham, who contacted state election officials and others on the heels of the election, which was won in that state and nationally by President Joe Biden.

Trump pressured state officials to take actions that could have overturned Biden’s win, as part of a similar effort in other swing states whose losses by Trump ensured his defeat in the Electoral College. In an early January 2021 phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Trump urged him to “find” enough votes to erase Biden’s margin of victory.

Thomas, who is responsible for emergency applications such as Graham’s issued out of the 11th Circuit, issued the hold on the subpoena on his own accord, without referring the question to the entire Supreme Court.

The conservative justice said the subpoena would be delayed pending further order by Thomas or the Supreme Court. Two days before he issued the stay, Thomas told Fulton County, Georgia, prosecutors, who are presenting evidence to the grand jury, to respond by Thursday to Graham’s request for a stay of the subpoena

The stay will give time to Graham’s lawyers and prosecutor more to file briefs arguing whether the subpoena should be allowed to stand or not.

Graham’s lawyer Donald McGahn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A spokesman for Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis declined to comment, saying prosecutors would respond to Graham’s application to the Supreme Court on Thursday, as ordered by Thomas.

Graham has argued that the subpoena violates the U.S. Constitution’s speech and debate clause, which protects members of Congress from legal risk from their comments related to legislative business.

He claims his call to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger after Election Day 2020 was part of a legislative inquiry.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Why I have zero confidence that justice will be done if the Trump cases of election fraud and insurrection end up in the Supreme Court. 

Graham should have testified a long time ago before the Ga grand jury.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/24/supreme-court-justice-clarence-thomas-temporarily-blocks-sen-grahams-subpoena-from-georgia-grand-jury.html

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas temporarily blocks Sen. Graham’s subpoena from Georgia grand jury

•  

It is absolutely mind blowing that he would do this when his wife is in the predicament she is in.  Wow.....