Penn State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

We won and that's all that matters, now we have to fix the things that went wrong in the 2nd half so those don't happen again. Frost did get VERY conservative at times and we can't keep limiting our offense to 10 yards or less in the plays we're picking. Meaning PSU only had to worry about what was in front of them rather than what could get behind them. I realize we don't have a "deep threat" but we have no choice but to develop one then. 

• Plus1 5
8 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

We won and that's all that matters, now we have to fix the things that went wrong in the 2nd half so those don't happen again. Frost did get VERY conservative at times and we can't keep limiting our offense to 10 yards or less in the plays we're picking. Meaning PSU only had to worry about what was in front of them rather than what could get behind them. I realize we don't have a "deep threat" but we have no choice but to develop one then. 

Frost was hesitant to call long-developing plays due the fact that Penn State's front 4 was controlling NU's o-line.  We saw what happened when they got pressure on McCaffrey in the 4th quarter, and that resulted in an INT. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost was hesitant to call long-developing plays due the fact that Penn State's front 4 was controlling NU's o-line.  We saw what happened when they got pressure on McCaffrey in the 4th quarter, and that resulted in an INT. 

I didn't get to see most of the 4th quarter, I only saw like the last 6 minutes as I was headed into work. 

25 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I didn't get to see most of the 4th quarter, I only saw like the last 6 minutes as I was headed into work. 

You didn't miss a whole lot, but it was pretty apparent Frost got conservative. We didn't use tempo and leaned more on the run, becoming predictable in the pass game. Line play wasn't as good as it was in the first half either.

We still need that killer instinct.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You didn't miss a whole lot, but it was pretty apparent Frost got conservative. We didn't use tempo and leaned more on the run, becoming predictable in the pass game. Line play wasn't as good as it was in the first half either.

We still need that killer instinct.

You guys would be hammering Frost if he were going uptempo and throwing the ball all over the place.  NU had a 2 score lead entering the 4th quarter and still led by 2 scores with 9 minutes left in the game.  It sucked when the D gave up a TD on a 4-play scoring drive.  Then NU got a couple first downs and tried a pass, which resulted in an INT.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You guys would be hammering Frost if he were going uptempo and throwing the ball all over the place.  NU had a 2 score lead entering the 4th quarter and still led by 2 scores with 9 minutes left in the game.  It sucked when the D gave up a TD on a 4-play scoring drive.  Then NU got a couple first downs and tried a pass, which resulted in an INT.

I wouldn't. I understand where this offense came from. I would have like to have seen a few more passes sprinkled in especially in the 3rd quarter. We needed to put them away on our first drive of the second half.