The Georgia runoff for the control of the Senate

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I can see how a slight shift from military overspending to more equitable healthcare, education, and taxation would frighten you

Since I have already posted that there is fraud and waste in military spending I don’t understand your attempt at a humor post?

More equitable Education you say..hmmmm....school choice sounds pretty good.   Wonder why those s#!tty Democrats want to keep kids in failing schools.  

taxation....what’s fair?    50% already pay no federal tax.  What do you want, 70% to not pay?  Take every penny from every American billionaire and it still won’t make a dent in paying for programs you want. 

healthcare....I thought The Almighty solved everything with Obamacare?  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Any specific laws or EO’s you had in mind 

Tons of specific laws, many of them with little rationale beyond undoing whatever Obama did out of spite. 

Let's start with environmental rollbacks. I can keep going from there, but you get the idea. If you have the time we can pick apart the 2017 Tax Reform plan -- a blatant and cynical giveaway to the top percenters. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks-list.html

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Since I have already posted that there is fraud and waste in military spending I don’t understand your attempt at a humor post?

More equitable Education you say..hmmmm....school choice sounds pretty good.   Wonder why those s#!tty Democrats want to keep kids in failing schools.  

taxation....what’s fair?    50% already pay no federal tax.  What do you want, 70% to not pay?  Take every penny from every American billionaire and it still won’t make a dent in paying for programs you want. 

healthcare....I thought The Almighty solved everything with Obamacare?  

Since you already posted that you feared Democratic policies would be the end of mankind, the burden of proof (and humor) is on you.

There has been about 20 years of results on privatized schools  in the conservative model, and it's been pretty disappointing. A commitment to put some of that wasteful military spending into public education could make America great again. 

Taxation? Well we can talk a good game, but at the end of the day the wealthy enjoy massive loopholes. The rest of your premise is bizarrely false: even a modest increase in taxes on corporations and multi-millionaires --- remaining far below what they've been in America's golden past --- and you can pay for hugely beneficial social programs. Fun fact; you know who benefits from a healthier, more financially secure, and better educated population? Big business. 

Healthcare?  Surely you know that Obamacare was sabotaged at every turn by Republicans, and yet it still provides coverage for millions of otherwise uninsured Americans. If you'd like to improve this imperfect system, come join us! It'll be fun. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I hadn't thought of that. You're right. Life is going to get very interesting for Joe Manchin. Mitt Romney, too. 

It’s something I guess I will never understand. If all the moderates in both parties came together and said screw the leadership on both sides, good things could get done for the American people that both sides could be happy about.   

instead, they bow to leadership in order to get on preferred committees and get in line for election funding.  They all care more about their positions on committees and next elections more than actual governing. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There has been about 20 years of results on privatized schools  in the conservative model, and it's been pretty disappointing. A commitment to put some of that wasteful military spending into public education could make America great again.

What???  Not only are results on par or better than top public school districts, it can also be cheaper per pupil 

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Husker fans are everywhere!!!

Workers scan ballots at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia on January 5, during the Georgia Senate runoff elections.

Workers scan ballots at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia on January 5, during the Georgia Senate runoff elections. Sandy Huffaker/AFP/Getty Images

That’s just a Netflix hat:) 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fun fact; you know who benefits from a healthier, more financially secure, and better educated population

Who knew that all we had to do in order to be healthier and richer was to raise taxes.   

Hell let’s get those babies up to 50% Fed and 20% State for anyone making three times the average income.  We will REALLY be going gangbusters.  Imagine all the stuff Gov can pay for.   

• Plus1 1