What is the future of the Republican Party?

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Also partly to protect women - most notable examples of polygamy ended up with crazy power dynamics and was rife with abuse, and also often leads to a surplus of young, angry men unable to find a partner because the rich and powerful have snatched them all up (see, incels).

Ya @teachercd…save some chicks for the rest of us damn it 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I had the same thought last night. The biggest radicals against gays tend to be closeted gays.

I have always thought, especially back in the day, that a lot of gay guys would become priests so that they would not have the pressure of having to get married.  

5 years ago or so there was an article that suggested 30%-40% of clergy were gay, according to other gay clergy.  But I think for years it has been a hiding place for guys that were closeted. 

Now, I don't know if this theory always works for everything but sometimes it seems to make sense.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ugggg, my ice maker is broke!

If I had a gun I would just shoot my glass of soda until it was cold.

ice makers are usually broken.   i will never own a fridge with an icemaker.    not only are they expensive and usually broken....but they take up a ton of room in the freezer.   what kind of lazy s.o.b. is too lazy to use ice trays?

5 minutes ago, commando said:

ice makers are usually broken.   i will never own a fridge with an icemaker.    not only are they expensive and usually broken....but they take up a ton of room in the freezer.   what kind of lazy s.o.b. is too lazy to use ice trays?

My newest fridge I went without the ice maker, know why, my last one had it and...IT BROKE.

I will never get one again.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

How will you define a “move to the far right”?  

LOL you want me to answer a nebulous question as some might say.  Or dare I say nuanced. 

JFC. Scroll back up and read the direct quotes from your own party. There's plenty more where those came from. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
10 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

JFC. Scroll back up and read the direct quotes from your own party. There's plenty more where those came from. 

HDS..

If they pass a budget that cuts current spending levels does that define a “move to far right”.  

If they funded the southern border more is that “ a move to far right” . 

If they push for a nationwide abortion ban is that  “a move to the far right”. 

If they work to fix Social Security, Medicare,Medicaid is that a “a move to the far right”. 

Of those listed, an abortion ban is the only one considered to be a far right position and I don’t belief they would be dumb enough to bring that to a vote.   Johnson is sounding to be about like Nancy Pelosi’s or Hakeem Jeffries equivalent on the right so we will soon see how he leads to bill processes.   Nuance my friend, 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

HDS..

If they pass a budget that cuts current spending levels does that define a “move to far right”.  

If they funded the southern border more is that “ a move to far right” . 

If they push for a nationwide abortion ban is that  “a move to the far right”. 

If they work to fix Social Security, Medicare,Medicaid is that a “a move to the far right”. 

Of those listed, an abortion ban is the only one considered to be a far right position and I don’t belief they would be dumb enough to bring that to a vote.   Johnson is sounding to be about like Nancy Pelosi’s or Hakeem Jeffries equivalent on the right so we will soon see how he leads to bill processes.   Nuance my friend, 

It's adorable that you think the Republican Party is running on these platforms or has acted in any way moderate on those positions. 

Also, the left wing equivalent to Gaetz, MTG, Trump and apparently Mike Johnson isn't Pelosi or Jeffries. It's more like Che Guevara. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1