What is the future of the Republican Party?

I suppose if you're a Republican with the ability to think beyond today's travesty you're more than a little concerned of the ramifications

"The election of Mike Johnson was not a victory for MAGA. It’s a setback people.

They couldn’t elect a Speaker for three weeks, demonstrating how feckless, weak and inept they are.

If you felt they were in disarray yesterday but now feel down because they elected a right-wing nut-job - Take some self inventory.

Trumps a defeated man on the ropes.

Mike Johnson is the face of Congressional Republicans.

Republicans are losing local elections as fast as they’re coming up.

No attack ads can define Republican extremism more than the MAGA poster child they just chose to defend their 5 seat majority.

Oh and George Santos is gonna be expelled"

18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Judging by the comments a far-right extremists isn't far-right extremist enough for the far-right :facepalm:

I didn't read comments before sharing, but now see you are likely correct. I shared to show that lots of people...including Johnson evidently...can have different views on different subjects. This was in response to you sharing posts on his views from 2003.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I can’t believe this guy was elected speaker!   I was told over and over and over and over and over and over that MTG or Lauren boebart were the leaders :dunno

so strange.  

No you weren’t.  You were told that people like them are leaders of the party. 

Strange, the top leader of the party is the wackiest wacko of the bunch and has been indicted 96 times.  

This guy is someone he’s happy was elected. 

the people you listed helped make this happen. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I didn't read comments before sharing, but now see you are likely correct. I shared to show that lots of people...including Johnson evidently...can have different views on different subjects. This was in response to you sharing posts on his views from 2003.

Just for clarification are you actually trying to paint a "moderate" picture of a guy who denied the 2020 election, actively tried to overturn that election, believes Covid is a hoax, is anti-choice, anti-LGBT, anti-consenting adults making their own choices behind closed doors, supports a complete nationwide abortion ban, and who's more than willing to inject his religious views into our government? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

Just for clarification are you actually trying to paint s "moderate" picture of a guy who denied the 2020 election, actively tried to overturn that election, believes Covid is a hoax, is anti-choice, anti-LGBT, anti-consenting adults making their own choices behind closed doors, supports a complete nationwide abortion ban, and who's more than willing to inject his religious views into our government? 

The easy answer is no...I am not.

But, 146 others voted as he did. I haven't seen where he "actively" tried to overturn anything. Please share where he claimed covid was a hoax. And the other shares were, as previously stated, from the early 2000s.

My point is that Jordan was a terrible choice, and he was not elected. They've tried for 3 weeks to elect a Speaker, and no one else passed muster. I've never heard of this guy, and am willing to see what track he takes in 2024...not 20+ years ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No….we have explained this to you quite often and you keep coming back to this.  

Sorry your ability to understand is hampered. 

You’re trying to tell me with a straight face that for months if not a year, you didn’t say MTG was a leader of the party?   You’re really gonna do that?   I can understand someone who just won’t acknowledge his previous  posts just fine.   MTG….lololololol

And when have you have ever said this Johnson guy was a leader of the party before this week?  

• Plus1 2