What is the future of the Republican Party?

9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

That's an excellent way to put it. Her tears are real, but only because in reality outside of the MAGA bubble, she committed crimes and she's being held accountable. 

Although I am tickled by the continued support of the MAGA movement by Republicans. How many more arrests, guilty pleas, and indictments is it going to take for Trump voters to get the message? I realize that they cannot be saved and they're sort of hopeless, but my God. 

I feel it was possible at one point they would have taken the cue from their elected officials if they had ever done the right thing, but they have done the wrong thing at every turn. They are hopeless. 

Remember being told over and over again on this board that crackpots like this weren't the future of the GOP?  Of course most of us knew that was all just a disinformation smokescreen until we slide into an authoritarian hell scape.   

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1
50 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Remember being told over and over again on this board that crackpots like this weren't the future of the GOP?  Of course most of us knew that was all just a disinformation smokescreen until we slide into an authoritarian hell scape.   

I blame the moronic voters - we know who they are - for enabling this. 

America is getting what it deserves. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What the hell does “She’s spent the last couple of weeks on her knees in prayer to the Lord. And, um, she’s a little worn out.” mean and why would he think any sane person cares to hear about that?  

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So they found a moderate. 

Maybe compared to Iran's leaders.   The GOP has totally, hopelessly lost me.  Man there needs to be a new party formed. 

Part of me says: Looney Tune Republicans: eventually this whole thing will blow up in their faces.  Trump won't be here forever and a few really bad elections will hopefully clean them out.  The Dems need to retake the house this next election cycle & that will start their decline along with a White House win. 

confused 4th of july GIF by Looney Tunes

The other part of me says:  Bad representatives come from bad voters.  We got a lot of crazy, irrational, & right wing voters who are keeping this dark trend alive.  It really started with the Tea Party and Trump played on their grievances in 2016 and now so many of the 'Red' states are overtaken by these types of voters. With the electoral college split between blue and red states being so narrow, it only takes a relatively small number of these voters to turn the battleground states into red states and elect another trump like figure and while also keeping these looney tune representatives in Congress.  

Mitch Mcconnell House GIF by GIPHY News