What is the future of the Republican Party?

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's adorable that you think the Republican Party is running on these platforms or has acted in any way moderate on those positions. 

Using those positions mentioned let me know how the Party has acted in an extreme fashion budget, southern border, social security, abortion (specific states I would say sure, as a national party with actual proposed bills?)   

And remember as to the abortion point, I said a nationwide abortion ban which would be extreme for sure, but has that been proposed into a bill that can make it out of a Republican les committee for a floor vote?   

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Christ on a cornpicker the more we find about this guy the worse it gets.  What a lunatic.  Imagine having to do the hard work of defending him or coming up with weak false equivalencies at a minimum.  

This is highly normal for Christians. I attended classes at church on it. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Using those positions mentioned let me know how the Party has acted in an extreme fashion budget, southern border, social security, abortion (specific states I would say sure, as a national party with actual proposed bills?)   

You are the only person using those positions. There is page after page of unfiltered Republicans holding forth on the larger priorities of the Party, from supporting a government overthrow to endorsing Christian theocracy. Pretty ugly stuff, tbh. 

I will put you down as firmly believing the Republican Party is not leaning hard right these days, or years. I think you'll find it a pretty lonely place, even among Republicans.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You are the only person using those positions. There is page after page of unfiltered Republicans holding forth on the larger priorities of the Party, from supporting a government overthrow to endorsing Christian theocracy. Pretty ugly stuff, tbh. 

I will put you down as firmly believing the Republican Party is not leaning hard right these days, or years. I think you'll find it a pretty lonely place, even among Republicans.

I will put you down as not wanting to answer the simple and carefully worded post.   

• Plus1 1

Seemingly a day doesn't go by when the unquestioned leader of the GOP fails to post on his narcissistic dreams of being the next totalitarian thug and yet we're collectively numb to it thinking Biden is flawed for the sin of being a meer three years older.  

And to think he's held up as a deity by his cult.  

• TBH 1