What is the future of the Republican Party?

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I just did.  I can’t help you ignore it

You mean the part where you and Liz Cheney agree on what would be best for the Republican Party moving forward, but you think she should shut up about it?

And yes, she's out of leadership for one reason only: publicly stating that the GOP should stop promoting The Big Lie. 

Again, do either of those statements misrepresent you? 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You mean the part where you and Liz Cheney agree on what would be best for the Republican Party moving forward, but you think she should shut up about it?

Not making this about @Archy1221specifically but R leadership in general. How can they keep a straight face when ousting Cheney? And she is a better conservative than 90% of them...

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not making this about @Archy1221specifically but R leadership in general. How can they keep a straight face when ousting Cheney? And she is a better conservative than 90% of them...

Not trying to be flippant but I’ve already explained why like 6 times.  The fact that she can’t stop talking about Trump and the 2020 election and get moving on to 2022 and messaging policies that the Republican leadership believes will help the American people is why.  I’ve pointed out before that she voted for impeachment of her own party’s President and did not get ousted from leadership in a vote not too long after.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

More gaslighting.  Bravo on the continued effort to stay your course. 

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not trying to be flippant but I’ve already explained why like 6 times.  The fact that she can’t stop talking about Trump and the 2020 election and get moving on to 2022 and messaging policies that the Republican leadership believes will help the American people is why.  I’ve pointed out before that she voted for impeachment of her own party’s President and did not get ousted from leadership in a vote not too long after.  

Thanks for your POV. 

I see her voting record is faaar more conservative than her replacement, and the only thing Stefanik has going for her is she wants to bring back Trump in 2024. 

I would prefer Cheney... or anyone else that doesn't connect being a Republican wholly with Trump. 

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The fact that she can’t stop talking about Trump and the 2020 election and get moving on to 2022 and messaging policies that the Republican leadership believes will help the American people is why.  

Yep....speaking out against the leader of the party and his lies and complete fraud that the rest of the party refuses to speak out against......gets you ousted from power.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks for your POV. 

I see her voting record is faaar more conservative than her replacement, and the only thing Stefanik has going for her is she wants to bring back Trump in 2024. 

I would prefer Cheney... or anyone else that doesn't connect being a Republican wholly with Trump. 

Stefanik is her replacement because she is a female and it would be bad optics to replace Liz with a male.  Democrats would try and take advantage of some sort of messaging that in the upcoming elections. Second, Stefanik is pretty good at messaging and she has said she doesn’t want to have that position for long.  She is a replacement until someone more permanent comes along and distinguishes themselves 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep....speaking out against the leader of the party and his lies and complete fraud that the rest of the party refuses to speak out against......gets you ousted from power.

You jumping on the gaslighting train too I see.  See above for why she is out. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1