What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I take it being anti Trump is a bad thing in your mind.  He is the leader of they party.  So, why wouldn't she be able to vocalize her displeasure with his infatuation with the Big Lie?

She's an "old guard" Republican out of touch with today's GOP.  You can tell she had no support of the previous administration that is loved by the new GOP by the way she voted lock step with Trump!  Oh wait.....

She made the mistake of "calling a spade a spade" and urging the party to move on from said "spade".  Something @Archy1221 said he agree with a few moments ago in another thread.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

She's an "old guard" Republican out of touch with today's GOP.  You can tell she had no support of the previous administration that is loved by the new GOP by the way she voted lock step with Trump!  Oh wait.....

She made the mistake of "calling a spade a spade" and urging the party to move on from said "spade".  Something @Archy1221 said he agree with a few moments ago in another thread.

Yeah...it's odd.  People like @Archy1221 claim the party needs to move on from 2020 and the Big Lie but, when a political leader says the same thing, they are a "problem" that needs to be gotten rid of.

Maybe....just maybe....the GOP can't further their agenda because THEY are infatuated with 2020 election and Trump.  Just a thought.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I take it being anti Trump is a bad thing in your mind.  He is the leader of they party.  So, why wouldn't she be able to vocalize her displeasure with his infatuation with the Big Lie?

She has, virtually every day for months now.  It’s basically all she talks about 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Another one who likes to gaslight what I said and agree with.  

so the difference is that is all she talks about.  She is no longer a mouthpiece for promoting an agenda.  I assumed you knew that.  No one kicked out Liz from leadership after she voted to impeach Trump.  It only happened when it was apparent she can’t move on. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

so the difference is that is all she talks about.  She is no longer a mouthpiece for promoting an agenda.  I assumed you knew that.  No one kicked out Liz from leadership after she voted to impeach Trump.  It only happened when it was apparent she can’t move on. 

the party will tell you what to believe.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

She has, virtually every day for months now.  It’s basically all she talks about 

And that’s a bad thing when a party is being taken over by a bunch of wackos spreading conspiracy theories that result in terrorists taking over our capital?

And all the other leaders in the party are going along with it?

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So we don’t agree.  That’s what I figured.

She refused to “move on” from the GOP looking like idiots because they refused to “move on”.  

• Plus1 2

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So just to clarify:

Republicans lost the 2020 Presidential election. The only conversation now is HOW to move on. Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Nikki Haley, Kevin McCarthy, Liz Cheney and Archy 1221 all agree that the election was fair, Trump claiming fraud wasn't helping the party, and it was time for the GOP to move forward without him. 

Then comes immediate blowback from the base: it actually isn't about the agenda, it's about Donald Trump, and anyone openly disloyal to him risks losing their votes. The death threats just add a little spice to the fractionalism. 

So while it appears even more clear that Trump is not going away, that his cult of personality actually IS the agenda, and that anyone who prefers the GOP that Archy 1221 pines for is suspect, the real trouble-maker is Liz Cheney. Even if she was right, Liz needed to shut up and move on.

Right? 

• Plus1 3
On 5/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, funhusker said:

She refused to “move on” from the GOP looking like idiots because they refused to “move on”.  

When was the last time McCarthy talked about the 2020 election being in dispute? 

On 5/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, funhusker said:

When was the last time McConnell talked about the 2020 election being in dispute?

• Plus1 1