What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your moving on to Trump now or are we still talking Liz. Your post indicates a shift

Huh?

I'm talking about the GOP's current position on Trump and the events of Jan 6.  I couldn't give two s#!ts about Trump.

You keep talking about needing to let Trump go.  Why won't the GOP?  Don't you find it frustrating that so many in your party and in leadership positions still want him to have a voice and be part of their messaging?  Don't you find it disgusting that people in your party are claiming the riot on Jan 6 was similar to normal tourist visits?  

This message board is anonymous.  It's okay for you to call out members of Congress, even if you would still vote for them.  It just seems odd that you don't want to do that.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You bring this up constantly.  Are there many politicians that don’t get death threats from crazies?  Especially the high profile politicians?  

No, but the invasion of the U.S. Capitol featuring Trump supporters headhunting for both Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi probably made it feel a lot more tangible. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Gaslighting at its finest!

Revisit the quote and tell me which part misrepresents either you or the situation.

Remember, everything I've ascribed to you is based on posts you've already made.

Or just cut to the chase: you've stated what you prefer for the future of the Republican Party. It aligns almost identically with Liz Cheney. But you've since accepted that it's still Trump's party moving forward, and you think Liz Cheney should do the same.  

I don't know any other way to read it. 

The presumption that a Trump dominated agenda will move past the 2020 elections, loyalty tests, and conspiracy theories to pursue responsible conservative policies can be a separate debate. 

• Plus1 2

Kevin McCarthy Proposes Removing January 6th from Month of January

May 19, 2021

Kevin McCarthy speaks to reporters while Mitch McConnell stands behind him Photograph by Nicholas Kamm / AFP / Getty

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—In a controversial proposal that has raised eyebrows among political observers, the House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, is urging that January 6th be removed from the month of January.

“There’s been a lot of disagreement over whether January 6th is actually a real day in the month of January,” McCarthy said. “The American people want us to move on.”

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s funny.  In a different thread you were quite sure it was causing people to not seek work. 

That's my opinion.  But, to the general public and policy makers, it's up for debate.  Hmmmm.....just like the article stated.  I"m open to information that could prove me wrong.

I've also commented somewhere on here about an article that talks about the problem in Nebraska is that there isn't enough people.  I also agree with that.

Are you saying I am just supposed to trust media that echos my opinion and anything that hints at the opposite is "fake news"?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's my opinion.  But, to the general public and policy makers, it's up for debate.  Hmmmm.....just like the article stated.  I"m open to information that could prove me wrong.

I've also commented somewhere on here about an article that talks about the problem in Nebraska is that there isn't enough people.  I also agree with that.

Are you saying I am just supposed to trust media that echos my opinion and anything that hints at the opposite is "fake news"?

Hahaha. 

• Plus1 1

On 5/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, funhusker said:

You keep talking about needing to let Trump go.

Yep

Why won't the GOP? 

Most likely because the media keeps asking.  

Don't you find it frustrating that so many in your party and in leadership positions still want him to have a voice and be part of their messaging? 

Yes

Don't you find it disgusting that people in your party are claiming the riot on Jan 6 was similar to normal tourist visits?  

Yes, I’ve heard one person say that.  If more have then they are stupid for saying it too.  

It's okay for you to call out members of Congress, even if you would still vote for them.  It just seems odd that you don't want to do that.

I do, maybe you just choose to actively turn a blind eye when I do.  

• Plus1 1
On 5/19/2021 at 11:26 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember, everything I've ascribed to you is based on posts you've already made.

Your refusal to admit that Liz Cheney is out of leadership for only one reason and one reason only is why you are constantly gaslighting and misrepresenting my thoughts.  

It’s my complaint with Liz Cheney, not her actual voting record.  That’s been known for quite some time  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Your refusal to admit that Liz Cheney is out of leadership for only one reason and one reason only is why you are constantly gaslighting and misrepresenting my thoughts.  

It’s my complaint with Liz Cheney, not her actual voting record.  That’s been known for quite some time  

You have yet to list anything I've misrepresented. 

• Plus1 1