What is the future of the Republican Party?

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well...the Democrat love fest didn’t last too long.  Hope everyone makes it through this tough time ok.  

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/liz-cheney-voter-suppression-big-election-lie-150335429.html

Given that than every single poster fully acknowledged Cheney's voting history, this comes as a surprise to no one.

Also, Liz is correct. No surprise there, either. State Republicans have been doing the gerrymandering and voter suppression on their own for a few years now, and are even changing the laws to allow Republican run state legislatures to over-ride election results they don't like.  I don't recall anything thinking this was orchestrated by Trump, although he may have served as the inspiration. 

You must be so proud. 

Wait. We're you trying to gaslight us with this link?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Given that than every single poster fully acknowledged Cheney's voting history, this comes as a surprise to no one.

Also, Liz is correct. No surprise there, either. State Republicans have been doing the gerrymandering and voter suppression on their own for a few years now, and are even changing the laws to allow Republican run state legislatures to over-ride election results they don't like.  I don't recall anything thinking this was orchestrated by Trump, although he may have served as the inspiration. 

You must be so proud. 

Wait. We're you trying to gaslight us with this link?

Are you accusing Yahoo/HuffPo of gaslighting?  

Are you aware of what happened in 2020 with state judicial branches overriding election laws without declaring them unconstitutional?  Did I miss your outrage about that in the past? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you aware of what happened in 2020 with state judicial branches overriding election laws without declaring them unconstitutional?  Did I miss your outrage about that in the past? 

I thought the states' election officials made the changes in the process and that is what the courts decided wasn't unconstitutional.  The judicial branches didn't override anything.  They made a ruling on the legality of who can change what and for what reasons.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I thought the states' election officials made the changes in the process and that is what the courts decided wasn't unconstitutional.  The judicial branches didn't override anything.  They made a ruling on the legality of who can change what and for what reasons.

Yes, unsurprisingly the courts were in agreement with the law. Such as any changes by states to how their electors are selected must be made before the election.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

In a time of a pandemic in anticipation of delays, rules were changed prior to the election to make it more likely that all ballots cast would be counted and thus all the voters would have their voices heard.  Why would anyone who believes in democracy be outraged by this?

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

In a time of a pandemic in anticipation of delays, rules were changed prior to the election to make it more likely that all ballots cast would be counted and thus all the voters would have their voices heard.  Why would anyone who believes in democracy be outraged by this?

The fact that you have to ask that question is disturbing 

• Plus1 1