What is the future of the Republican Party?

14 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

If only the Trumpets who suggest a ball licker like Deathantis run for president and continue to drag us further into the abyss would instead consider finding a candidate who espouses these ideals we might end up with a better future.

if he was eligible to be president....i could be persuaded to vote for him.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's not hatred.  It's loathing of his inability to lead.  I was a leader in the United States Air Force and I was trained in numerous leadership training courses (I don't tell you this to brag, I tell you it so that you know I've been trained to lead young men and women in the military). 

He has done nothing to show me he can lead properly.  His policies suck and his comments and non concern for people throughout the pandemic response is telling.  When hardship arises, some leaders rise as well.  This guy didn't.  If he rises, it's not on his merit.

They call him Deathsantis for a reason...they also call him DeSatan.  He is NOT popular in FL and we see him govern a bit more than you get to.

CA has nothing to do with FL and who we are talking about.

Of course there was always this douchebag moment which was pretty much the tale of the tape.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

His policies suck and his comments and non concern for people throughout the pandemic response is telling.

Policies comment is a matter of opinion.   You have disagreed with most any Republican policy I’ve ever read on this platform so I’m not surprised you think the same with DeSantis.  

You are just making up lies about his alleged ‘non concern’ for people during the pandemic.   That’s probably conduct unbecoming a leader from the Air Force.  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

More douchebaggery from Deathsantis.  Respect is earned...not given because of your title, rank, or office.  This guy does not respect others...so he gets no respect from me.

Posting tweets from Daniel Uhlfelder???????   Have you seen his past history?    The GrimmReaper who goes to beaches with 50 people on them and complains.  Then goes to a protest with thousands of people and says it’s fine.   That Daniel Uhlfelder is your go to for DeSantis complaints.  

Uhlfelder really believes that DeSantis thinks he is leader of North Korea?  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1

You really have to wonder about the mental health of anyone who supported Trump over the years.  Birds of a feather flock together and such.   Republicans, scratch that, Trumplicans need to look into some sort of deprogramming and re-enter reality to save their party.  Trumpism was never going to end well when the leader was destined to burn it all down.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You really have to wonder about the mental health of anyone who supported Trump over the years.  Birds of a feather flock together and such.   Republicans, scratch that, Trumplicans need to look into some sort of deprogramming and re-enter reality to save their party.  Trumpism was never going to end well when the leader was destined to burn it all down.

I don't know if you should call it Trumplicans. That implies it's a small portion of Republicans. I would argue the willingness to continue to have your name attached to this party is a problem. The entire leadership of the party voted to not let Bolton testify and to not get more evidence. It wasn't even a vote to convict. The enablers are actually more culpable in some ways than Trump himself. If you are able to stop a crazy person and choose not to because you are gaining something from them, you are worse than the crazy person.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't know if you should call it Trumplicans. That implies it's a small portion of Republicans. I would argue the willingness to continue to have your name attached to this party is a problem. The entire leadership of the party voted to not let Bolton testify and to not get more evidence. It wasn't even a vote to convict. The enablers are actually more culpable in some ways than Trump himself.

I guess I can see Trumplicans covering whatever percentage of Republicans allowed their party to be highjacked by Trumpism.  If that's 90% then so be it.  The point still stands.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I guess I can see Trumplicans covering whatever percentage of Republicans allowed their party to be highjacked by Trumpism.  If that's 90% then so be it.  The point still stands.  

I get the point. I just don't like renaming it. Let them keep the Republican name. They let this happen.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I get the point. I just don't like renaming it. Let them keep the Republican name. They let this happen.

Got it.  I probably should have said those under the spell of Trump's cult of personality vs those that have seen through his narcissism.  And yes they own this mess.

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Personal attack eh?  I guess it's starting to get to you.

Not a personal attack.   More of a factual point.  
You made a point of bringing up your leadership in Air Force, posted a blatant lie in the same post about DeSantis so I pointed out it’s probably not the conduct that would be accepted as a leader.  

If your opinion is Ron sucks, cool.  We all have opinions.   Doesn’t give you carte blanche to lie about him without pushback. 

• Plus1 2