What is the future of the Republican Party?

6 minutes ago, commando said:

besides...deathsantis is just a continuation of trumpism in my opinion.   the combative, hate everyone but us, party doesn't appeal to me.    

What's weird is I thought archy just liked what Trump got done. Not necessarily his personality.

25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Cuomo has done some s#!tty stuff too, but what does that have to do with DeSantis running for president? If this was a thread about governors dropping the ball on COVID it would be relevant. 

You are right, I should not have derailed the topic. There are other spots where it will be relevant 

31 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Huh? I was replying to Archy's post about wishing to see Desantis run for the Republican nomination.  I was suppose to include all the governors I disapprove of?

I do believe Cuomo was following CDC guidelines at the time though, while Desantis just ignored the reopening gateways then proceeded to fudge the numbers.  I wonder why he'd do that.

Yep, wrong place for it by me. I dont agree with your views, but this wasn't the proper thread to call out Cuomo's foibles 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Deathantis is appropriate.  He's an unscrupulous dirtbag.  Come up with someone better that that.

https://flcourier.com/did-state-manipulate-coronavirus-deaths-data/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Include into the equation that age is the number one risk factor for Covid deaths by far.  Now include into the equation that 20% of FL population is 65 and older (#2) in the country by % and #2 by raw number.  

Now let’s go ahead and conclude you have no idea what you are talking about, you have a pre-ordained narrative about DeSantis based off of false news stories and can’t handle that facts get in your way of that narrative.   

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Hopefully, Sasse, Kinzinger or the like.  They may not be perfect, but it's time for people to start realizing what's right and what's wrong while treating one another with respect again.  Is any alternative better? 

Yes. DeSantis among many others better than those mentioned in my opinion. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Yep...I didn't mean you personally. Just the rhetoric I keep reading 

when the sane portion of the republican party is restored i will likely support them again...but if the crazy q section of the republican party still has a strong hold of the party i will have to vote dems to do my part to keep things hopefully more sane in this country.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Include into the equation that age is the number one risk factor for Covid deaths by far.  Now include into the equation that 20% of FL population is 65 and older (#2) in the country by % and #2 by raw number.  

Now let’s go ahead and conclude you have no idea what you are talking about, you have a pre-ordained narrative about DeSantis based off of false news stories and can’t handle that facts get in your way of that narrative.   

Garbage in, garbage out.  Desantis fudged the numbers so how would anyone know?  Why would he do that?

41 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What's weird is I thought archy just liked what Trump got done. Not necessarily his personality.

What’s weird is your comment makes no sense as it pertains to DeSantis.   Keep trying though.  One day it will happen for you

Just now, Scarlet said:

Garbage in, garbage out.  Desantis fudged the numbers so how would anyone know?  Why would he do that?

Yet he didn’t 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, commando said:

when the sane portion of the republican party is restored i will likely support them again...but if the crazy q section of the republican party still has a strong hold of the party i will have to vote dems to do my part to keep things hopefully more sane in this country.

Ditto