What is the future of the Republican Party?

48 minutes ago, funhusker said:

But "free and fair" only in certain circumstances.  Right?  Or were you against the Trump's tariffs?

To compensate for the unfair behavior by those countries?  I’m fine with it.  Forces them to make a decision.  If other countries are not being fair, why should we?  Might as well play the game I guess.  

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL...yep....make Americans pay more to punish them.....

Or....are you falling for the lie about China paying the tariffs? 

I’m already on record saying I’m willing to pay more for anything in order to help spread out our reliance on China for so many of our goods.  Long term win, short term pain. 

are you happy with the pre-Trump China economic relationship with US?

• Plus1 1

Hah! They're toast without the Electoral College and they know it. 

The country is moving away from right-wing dogmatic authoritarianism. We've seen enough and they know we want to move on. 

This whole trumpian post-election theater is exposing these clowns. 

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hah! They're toast without the Electoral College and they know it. 

The country is moving away from right-wing dogmatic authoritarianism. We've seen enough and they know we want to move on. 

This whole trumpian post-election theater is exposing these clowns. 

And the popular vote matters how exactly?  

Masse is wrong by the way.  Going backward 32 years from 2020 it’s 2 out of 4 election wins. And a third was a difference of roughly 500,000 votes 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m already on record saying I’m willing to pay more for anything in order to help spread out our reliance on China for so many of our goods.  Long term win, short term pain. 

are you happy with the pre-Trump China economic relationship with US?

Hmmm...nothing about Trump lying about whose paying it.  Telling.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm...nothing about Trump lying about whose paying it.  Telling.

Navarro and Trump should lay out all the numbers and let the people decide what to make of it.   Lay out COGS pre tariff and post tariff, not lie about anything in those numbers and let them speak for themselves.   

now, were you happy with the pre-Trump China economic relations with US?  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Navarro and Trump should lay out all the numbers and let the people decide what to make of it.   Lay out COGS pre tariff and post tariff, not lie about anything in those numbers and let them speak for themselves.   

But, they haven't and keep lying about whose paying the tariffs.

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

now, were you happy with the pre-Trump China economic relations with US?  

Always room for improvement.  But, in general, it's been good for both countries.  Not worth totally torpedoing the relationship just because of Trump's ego and thinking he's some masterful negotiator.  He's a fraud and always has been.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

the type of answer people give when they know they are wrong but can’t think of anything better to say. 

at least tell me what I’m supposed to know better about

Voter ID laws are put in place to hurt voting amongst minority groups. 

The same reason for laws restricting voting rights with felons, the purging of voter roles. All in the name of keeping an unpopular party full of crazies in power despite losing election after election by millions of votes.

You don't have to worry, the Republican party assault on Democracy will continue unabated. But hey, at least you guys got to nominate a few judges!

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Voter ID laws are put in place to hurt voting amongst minority groups. 

Alternate theory; they are put into place to ensure a legal voter is voting.  

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The same reason for laws restricting voting rights with felons, the purging of voter roles. All in the name of keeping an unpopular party full of crazies in power despite losing election after election by millions of votes.

Didn’t Florida change their law in 2018?  Didn’t Trump increase his margin of victory in Florida in 2020?  A state with 2 Republican senators, a Republican Governor, voted Republican President in 2016 and made that law in 2018.  How is this a Republican issue only?  

How is purging the voter rolls of dead voters or voters who have moved out of state bad for voting? 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Alternate theory; they are put into place to ensure a legal voter is voting.  

Didn’t Florida change their law in 2018?  Didn’t Trump increase his margin of victory in Florida in 2020?  A state with 2 Republican senators, a Republican Governor, voted Republican President in 2016 and made that law in 2018.  How is this a Republican issue only?  

How is purging the voter rolls of dead voters or voters who have moved out of state bad for voting? 

Voter IDs are just fine, so long as the ID is free and doesn't discourage legitimate voters. I imagine you would agree with that premise. These laws however should be thrown out, as they taxing the right to vote as these govt. IDs are not free, in violation of Amendment 24th of the Constitution.

In regards to purging voter rolls, no issue with purging dead people, but when they are purging people simply because they haven't voted in the last few cycles, or haven't updated their address, that is voter suppression. 

• Plus1 1