Aim frustration at Big Ten

Redux

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Meanwhile 50+ teams ARE going to play in a bowl game.  That is 50+ teams that still have their balls.  So tired of the "we don't deserve a bowl game" defeatists.  Or "why play a bowl game at all" defeatists.  No one knows what the future holds, you take every opportunity as if it is your last.   Do you honestly think Frost and his staff or even the players of this team think they could beat Army?  They all knew this would most likely be another loss (making for a long off-season of doubt/criticism from the fans and media) and opted to tuck-tail and run.  Most are clueless to the downward spiral this great state's football program has locked into since Scott/Moos took over.  When it is finally realized by the majority, it will be too late.   Don't worry, Scott and Moos will move to a tropical area and enjoy those 'hard earned' millions...

Untitled.png

Dude, you are spare parts. If you actually believe the crap you post, I feel sorry for you.

• Plus1 3

51 minutes ago, jaws said:

I have no idea what Keven Warren is even trying to do. I understand that he was given a though hand this season, but it seems as if he failed every step of the way. I assume that Delany would have been working really hard to get Indiana in a NY6 bowl. 

Delaney never would've let the season start late even if the cancelation happened first.  And Indiana would be in a NY6 bowl hands down, against Oregon or USC.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Bledred said:

Meanwhile 50+ teams ARE going to play in a bowl game.  That is 50+ teams that still have their balls.  So tired of the "we don't deserve a bowl game" defeatists.  Or "why play a bowl game at all" defeatists.  No one knows what the future holds, you take every opportunity as if it is your last.   Do you honestly think Frost and his staff or even the players of this team think they could beat Army?  They all knew this would most likely be another loss (making for a long off-season of doubt/criticism from the fans and media) and opted to tuck-tail and run.  Most are clueless to the downward spiral this great state's football program has locked into since Scott/Moos took over.  When it is finally realized by the majority, it will be too late.   Don't worry, Scott and Moos will move to a tropical area and enjoy those 'hard earned' millions...

Untitled.png

right, cause playing in a meaningless bowl game that is insult to injury on a tough year would totally be the 180 this program needs.

Wake the hell up and get a life.  You're putting way too much weight and investment into 18-22 year olds play a freaking game.  WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Cry up a storm some more... You must be one of those adults that think every kid should get a participation trophy-its an accurate analogy for you b!^@hing up a storm to have a 3-5 football team get into a bowl game that is traditionally meant for 500 teams and above.

3 hours ago, Bledred said:

Untitled.png

My favorite part of this is the bold, which is not used to justify seeing your family for the first time in months at the tail end of a pandemic, but to try and justify playing a football game. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

These are unprecedented times.  Would I like to see them play?  Yes.  Hell, I would go play for them.  I mean, I am laid up for two days after moving boxes.  But you get what I mean.

But

The older I get, I understand I am not dealing with the same stuff these players and coaches are.  They get Covid tested every day.  They have to wait for results before they can do anything else.  They have been living in a bubble for months.  I am not in their shoes.  Guys tougher than ours opted out.  I don’t know what these guys are dealing with.

Also

This program needs to step back and figure out what the major malfunction is.  For the future that is waaaaay more important than another butt kicking on national TV.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

My favorite part of this is the bold, which is not used to justify seeing your family for the first time in months at the tail end of a pandemic, but to try and justify playing a football game. 

Must of missed my other post about taking the next two weeks off (includes both holidays) to be with family and resuming practices the week of January 4th and playing our 'bowl game' January 9th.  

download.gif

11 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

right, cause playing in a meaningless bowl game that is insult to injury on a tough year would totally be the 180 this program needs.

Translation (minus the adult tantrum part):  "right, cause playing any game against a decent opponent would expose us as being a very bad team that would be insult to injury and would further degrade the program in the eyes of the just about everyone."

Why continue to play games at all with that logic?

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Dude, you are spare parts. If you actually believe the crap you post, I feel sorry for you.

Yes, standing up for the program and wanting our team which has been brought together to play games, to actually play games is now wrong?  Were you in a coma just a few months ago when Frost and Moos (and the fans/media) were fighting to have a season?  Talk about a 180 degree turn in people's attitudes.  At least I am consistent, and still have the balls to speak my opinion, rather than parrot the sentiment of the majority.  Most Husker Fan websites would be an excellent study of group think

• Fire 1
13 hours ago, Redux said:

This is the type of attitude that doesn't care about players, their families or their future.  But it's disguised as "winning mentality".

I want the players to take the next two weeks off and be home with their families.  Your wrong.

I want us to play a game in early January with a week of practice starting the 4th and ending with a game on January 9th.  Did not the NCAA say we could schedule our very own 'bowl' game?  Your wrong again.

Wanting a team to play while 50+ other teams are also playing is not disguising anything as anything.  Your wrong yet again, again. 

1 minute ago, Bledred said:

Yes, standing up for the program and wanting our team which has been brought together to play games, to actually play games is now wrong?  Were you in a coma just a few months ago when Frost and Moos (and the fans/media) were fighting to have a season?  Talk about a 180 degree turn in people's attitudes.  At least I am consistent, and still have the balls to speak my opinion, rather than parrot the sentiment of the majority.  Most Husker Fan websites would be excellent studies in group think

Ha. Shows ya what I know about group think and popular opinion. I thought most around here were pissed that they turned down a bowl opportunity and delusional enough to think it would really make a bit of difference.

My opinion (not some group's) is that this team needs a break from football and a hard reboot. God knows the last thing they need right now is more of whatever this season was.

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha. Shows ya what I know about group think and popular opinion. I thought most around here were pissed that they turned down a bowl opportunity and delusional enough to think it would really make a bit of difference.

My opinion (not some group's) is that this team needs a break from football and a hard reboot. God knows the last thing they need right now is more of whatever this season was.

I fully agree with the break sentiment.  That is why I want them to take the next two weeks off and then come back for one more week of practice January 4th and then play a scheduled 'bowl' game January 9th.  This team needs any extra practices it can get and the fans deserve to see a bowl game since we have not got one since December 30th of 2016.  I believe this is reinforcing a 'quitters' mentality in the team.  Our players will be going home and watching other college teams play bowl games....even though the NCAA basically gave us the opportunity to schedule our own bowl game at a time of our choosing (after the holidays).  An opportunity that will never come again. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I fully agree with the break sentiment.  That is why I want them to take the next two weeks off and then come back for one more week of practice January 4th and then play a scheduled 'bowl' game January 9th.  This team needs any extra practices it can get and the fans deserve to see a bowl game since we have not got one since December 30th of 2016.  I believe this is reinforcing a 'quitters' mentality in the team.  Our players will be going home and watching other college teams play bowl games....even though the NCAA basically gave us the opportunity to schedule our own bowl game at a time of our choosing (after the holidays).  An opportunity that will never come again. 

Fair enough. I just don't see a whole lot of upside or benefit at this time. IMO this whole season already has a big ole asterisk beside it and one more meaningless game isn't going to change much of anything. I would prefer the coaches take a few months and get some sh#t fixed and adapt what they need to do.