Insurrection fallout

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I've seen several accounts saying it's from during the attack, but if there's evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it.

Golik was referring to a video that appears to have been shot by Donald Trump Jr. in a backstage tent before the outgoing one-term president took the stage to whip up the crowd, encouraging them to walk down to the Capitol to continue their protest of the election results.
https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/politics/9508594/laura-branigan-manager-condemns-video-trump-playing-gloria-washington-rally/

Just now, Moiraine said:

Ya, watching the stream should be fine. You have no idea anyone's intent in just watching it. 

It's not about just watching the stream but giving money to the streamer. Superchats for example allow a viewer to donate money and make a comment to the streamer.

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Golik was referring to a video that appears to have been shot by Donald Trump Jr. in a backstage tent before the outgoing one-term president took the stage to whip up the crowd, encouraging them to walk down to the Capitol to continue their protest of the election results.
https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/news/politics/9508594/laura-branigan-manager-condemns-video-trump-playing-gloria-washington-rally/

Interesting. I can't tell in the video clip whether it's before or after the rally, but given Trump was reportedly whisked off to somewhere else at the end of the rally, it's likely from before the attack.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It's not about just watching the stream but giving money to the streamer. Superchats for example allow a viewer to donate money and make a comment to the streamer.

I still don't think that should be criminal unless the person was egging them on to do illegal acts. I've donated to a streamer once and they ended up filming something illegal. I don't want to go to jail.

31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I still don't think that should be criminal unless the person was egging them on to do illegal acts. I've donated to a streamer once and they ended up filming something illegal. I don't want to go to jail.

Yes, that exactly what the tweet I posted is saying - just donating is not a crime but donating and posting encouragement for them to commit a crime is probably a crime.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Where's the insurrection charge?

Not totally sure but if they have a violent entry charge, that would seem to fit with insurrection, because I think you have to have violence for that charge as well.  Unless they are saying there was not violence towards a person?  I don't know.