Trump Impeachment # 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Threatening members of the Supreme Court with harm is no laughing matter.  Unfortunate you don’t push back on that behavior too.  

This is dishonest. Schumer did no such thing. It's clear from his actual statement that he talked about voting them out of office.

Now we stand here today because behind me, inside the walls of this Court, the Supreme Court is hearing arguments, as you know, for the first major abortion rights cases since Justice Kavanaugh and Justice Gorsuch came to the bench. ...

From Louisiana, to Missouri, to Texas — Republican legislatures are waging war on women — all women. And they’re taking away fundamental rights. I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.

The bottom line is very simple: we will stand with the American people. We will stand with American women. We will tell President Trump and Senate Republicans who have stacked the court with right-wing ideologues, that you’re gonna be gone in November and you will never be able to do what you’re trying to do now, ever, ever again. You hear that over there on the far-right? You’re gone in November.

Funny story - his prediction came true.  :D

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.

Sounds like a threat to me.  

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's clear from his actual statement that he talked about voting them out of office.

BTW...maybe you aren’t aware of how things work, but Supreme Court Justices do not get voted out of office. So there is zero chance he was referring to that. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds like a threat to me.  

It sounds like a threat to people who want to be outraged whether what they're outraged about is true or not.

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

BTW...maybe you aren’t aware of how things work, but Supreme Court Justices do not get voted out of office. So there is zero chance he was referring to that. 

Read what people write to you. You can do that, right? He was speaking to the right-wingers. Specifically, and directly referenced them.

The bottom line is very simple: we will stand with the American people. We will stand with American women. We will tell President Trump and Senate Republicans who have stacked the court with right-wing ideologues, that you’re gonna be gone in November and you will never be able to do what you’re trying to do now, ever, ever again. You hear that over there on the far-right? You’re gone in November.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It sounds like a threat to people who want to be outraged whether what they're outraged about is true or not.

Read what people write to you. You can do that, right? He was speaking to the right-wingers. Specifically, and directly referenced them.

Ya I do read what people write.  

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:
15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Threatening members of the Supreme Court with harm is no laughing matter.  Unfortunate you don’t push back on that behavior too.  

This is dishonest. Schumer did no such thing. It's clear from his actual statement that he talked about voting them out of office.

Notice we were talking specifically about Supreme Court Justices and you immediately wrote “voting them” out of office.  I mean your statement is posted above in case you need it.  And just a reminder, SC Justices don’t get voted out of office In elections. 

• Plus1 2

Notice we were talking specifically about Supreme Court Justices and you immediately wrote “voting them” out of office.  I mean your statement is posted above in case you need it.  And just a reminder, SC Justices don’t get voted out of office In elections. 

Anyone reading the full Schumer statement - and not the right-winger spin on it - understands what he's saying & who he's saying it to. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Anyone reading the full Schumer statement - and not the right-winger spin on it - understands what he's saying & who he's saying it to. 

Chuckster Must be speaking in code language or dog whistles to make that conclusion.  His own words don’t make the point you wished it did. 

• Plus1 1

Chuckster Must be speaking in code language or dog whistles to make that conclusion.  His own words don’t make the point you wished it did. 

"You're gone in November."

And while you chastise @TGHusker for not pushing back on something that never happened, we're all witnessing in real time the lack of pushback against trump & his insurrection from you.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

for not pushing back on something that never happened,

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

From Louisiana, to Missouri, to Texas — Republican legislatures are waging war on women — all women. And they’re taking away fundamental rights. I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price. You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.

Chuckster talking about Republicans waging war on women then threatens SC Justices.  Yep, it definitely happened:dunno

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

"You're gone in November."

And while you chastise @TGHusker for not pushing back on something that never happened, we're all witnessing in real time the lack of pushback against trump & his insurrection from you.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's not worth responding to      .....  AS much as I am NOT a Hillary fan,  I understand more clearly her 'despicable' term.  ND J and Archy are living it out.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I understand more clearly her 'despicable' term.  ND J and Archy are living it out.

Oh, I'm not a fan of her's either.  But, I knew that right from the beginning.  What's absolutely disgusting is how Republicans latched onto that and made it a point of pride for ALL of them.  It emboldened the people she was really talking about.  We saw a lot of them on January 6th.