Trump Impeachment # 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Trouble in paradise!  NewsMax and disgraced lawyer Alan Dershowitz are questioning trump's lawyers! 

You're not supposed to speak ill of anything trump related, guys!

It's somewhat improper to argue the merits of a case that has no jurisdiction.  By defending oneself, you're enabling the prosecution and giving credence to the process.  Say the government of Spain accused you of lèse-majesté (defamation of the King) for words you said on American soil. It would be bad to humor them by sending defense lawyers to Madrid (and insane if you actually appeared there yourself).  So Trump could only say that it's unconstitutional and not really address the faux charges.

But Impeachment isn't so much a trial as political theater.  Trump should also do what he can to make the Ds look dumber.  So I guess it bears pointing out that his speech was legal and that many Ds said things that were more hateful and violent and got off Scott free. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Trump probably could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and mounted a much better defense than these guys.

To be fair, though....they are taking the case on like 6 days notice AND they aren't constitutional attorneys by trade....

But damn....he's paying for that?!?

Oh wait....no he isn't.....:laughpound

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Do we need any more evidence than this to convict??

But then again, if Trump shot some one in Times Square, the current GOP would acquit  --- So damn sad.  

Et0sNAcXIAMAWhP?format=jpg&name=large

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch; I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," 

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, knapplc said:

These are such spurious arguments. Votes are not "disenfranchised" because they didn't win the election. Notice how this "disenfranchise" argument has never been used in previous elections. It's just such bunk.

And the civil war threat. "Chef's kiss" on tacitly telling trumpets that if their bloated orange god is convicted of the things he so obviously did, they should riot. 

Wait....how do you disenfranchise voters that voted for the loser that isn’t in office anymore?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This right here shows everything that is wrong about political parties.  

Impeachment is a serious process for removing the President that should be reserved for times when the country cannot afford to wait until the next election.  If you cannot cram it into the remaining time then it was not necessary. 

OTOH there is a serious problem with government efficiency.  See the defenses offered by the former chief of the Capitol Police. 

On Jan. 3, an internal intelligence assessment showed that members of the Proud Boys, White supremacist groups, Antifa and other extremist groups were expected to participate in the Jan. 6 event and that they may be inclined to become violent, Sund said.

the first 150 members of the National Guard were not sworn in on Capitol grounds on Jan. 6 until about four and half hours after Sund’s request for their support was approved by the Capitol Police Board. 

He said he reiterated his urgent request for National Guard support to help shore up the perimeter of the Capitol in a call at 2:28 p.m., when Army Lt. General Walter Piatt allegedly stated, "I don’t like the visual of the National Guard standing a line with the Capitol in the background."

When Sund said having Capitol police officers relieved from other posts to respond to the Capitol was not an option and that National Guard was needed, House Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving said he would need to run the request up the chain of command at the Pentagon.

Capitol Police did everything it could with the intelligence available beforehand, but still did not expect a group of "thousands of well-coordinated, well-equipped violent criminals" to attack law enforcement at the Capitol building.

"The entire intelligence community seems to have missed this."

Sund said he pushed for expedited delivery of helmets ordered for officers before the inauguration, and approximately 104 helmets were delivered on Jan. 4 

When we get accounts from other people they will indubitably tell us how they urged Chief Sund to act sooner but needed his approval.  And lol at the idea that nobody knew this was a possibility. 

This is actual a political crime, chronic negligence.  Not because a politician made his 1,000th fiery speech.

Former Capitol Police chief seeks to 'set record straight' about insurrection in letter to Pelosi, others | Fox News

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Impeachment is a serious process for removing the President that should be reserved for times when the country cannot afford to wait until the next election.  If you cannot cram it into the remaining time then it was not necessary. 

What????   They could have easily...but he refused too. 

Just another example of Republicans doing everything they can to protect their dear leader.  Just like you do here.  

And..BTW....thanks for helping me make my point about political parties.  You feel you must protect and defend the person with an R behind their name and attack and ridicule anyone with a D......at all cost.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait....how do you disenfranchise voters that voted for the loser that isn’t in office anymore?

I'm glad you asked. We'll, you see the voting machine companies rig the election and ballots we're burned, lost, and fake ones were brought in. I saw the whole thing.

11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Is that all you got!  Man what kind of blindness, cultish belief system you are tied up in - you compare an insurrection, inspired by Trump to Biden's mano mano statement.

You aren't worthy of a response.  You are purposefully blind  and deceived.  It is one thing to have compassion for someone caught up in a cult, - I have no desire to have compassion on someone who is a cult propagandist or engaging in conversation with one - it isn't worth the key strokes.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch; I want to tell you, Kavanaugh: You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price," 

See my response above to ND Joe :yeah  Ditto.   No time for propagandists and the willingly ignorant and self deceived.

• Plus1 1