Economy

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah…..because all of a sudden dirty brown people are unsafe driving trucks. 

Why do you have to bring race into non racial discussions?      Have you seen how many violations they have found?  Do the operators of those trucks not have to follow the law like any other truck or driver?   

• Plus1 3

42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why do you have to bring race into non racial discussions?      Have you seen how many violations they have found?  Do the operators of those trucks not have to follow the law like any other truck or driver?   

Please tell me how many violations they all of a sudden started having that would require this?

• Plus1 1

FYI, this has nothing to do with the trucks being unsafe. 

Abbott said inbound commercial trucks elsewhere will continue to undergo thorough inspections by state troopers until leaders of Mexico's three other neighboring states reach agreements with Texas over security. He did not spell out what those measures must entail.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/04/13/trucker-blockade-snarls-us-mexico-border-over-texas-order.html

This is pure political bull s#!t. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

We all know that is what this is. Even @Archy1221 knows this is not about safety or security or trucking violations even though he’ll never admit it. He’ll act like this is some legitimate needed deal. Hmm, wonder why these logjams haven’t been an ongoing issue.  Once again some Republicans will sacrifice their constituents and US citizens to accomplish their political goals. So tired of this s#!t.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We all know that is what this is. Even @Archy1221 knows this is not about safety or security or trucking violations even though he’ll never admit it. He’ll act like this is some legitimate needed deal. Hmm, wonder why these logjams haven’t been an ongoing issue.  Once again some Republicans will sacrifice their constituents and US citizens to accomplish their political goals. So tired of this s#!t.

And then blame Biden for supply problems.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Please tell me how many violations they all of a sudden started having that would require this?

https://www.krgv.com/videos/dps-reports-nearly-14-000-violations-found-during-enhanced-vehicle-inspections/

about 1000 trucks and over 80 drivers found with serious safety violations and taken off the road.  

maybe there is a better more efficient way to do this, but there is no doubt it’s catching some unsafe situations before they can harm other individuals on the road.   Over 30% of traffic deaths involve large trucks 

49 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

https://www.krgv.com/videos/dps-reports-nearly-14-000-violations-found-during-enhanced-vehicle-inspections/

• Plus1 3
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

about 1000 trucks and over 80 drivers found with serious safety violations and taken off the road.  

maybe there is a better more efficient way to do this, but there is no doubt it’s catching some unsafe situations before they can harm other individuals on the road.   Over 30% of traffic deaths involve large trucks 

Do you even want to be taken seriously? 

It doesn’t matter what or how many problems they’ve found. We all know exactly what this is about. You can lie to yourself but please do us the courtesy of not pretending to claim this about anything other than a republican governor sticking it to Biden and effing the American people in the process.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Do you even want to be taken seriously? 

It doesn’t matter what or how many problems they’ve found. We all know exactly what this is about. You can lie to yourself but please do us the courtesy of not pretending to claim this about anything other than a republican governor sticking it to Biden and effing the American people in the process.

Take my comments however you wish.   I don’t really care, won’t harm or make my day either way.   

What does Abbott gain by trying to eff over the American people as you say?   It certainly want help his prospects in an election if that’s what’s going to happen.  You are aware he is running for re-election right??  Bold strategy if your claim is correct that his goal is to screw his constituents over.  

Biden has a 35% approval rating, he’s effed no matter what so it ain’t that.  No one really need to help Biden eff himself over.  He’s a walking , talking gaffe machine.    

So why not walk me through how this is all just some conspiracy to eff over Biden and the American people and how that helps Abbott in the process.   

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Take my comments however you wish.   I don’t really care, won’t harm or make my day either way.   

What does Abbott gain by trying to eff over the American people as you say?   It certainly want help his prospects in an election if that’s what’s going to happen.  You are aware he is running for re-election right??  Bold strategy if your claim is correct that his goal is to screw his constituents over.  

Biden has a 35% approval rating, he’s effed no matter what so it ain’t that.  No one really need to help Biden eff himself over.  He’s a walking , talking gaffe machine.    

So why not walk me through how this is all just some conspiracy to eff over Biden and the American people and how that helps Abbott in the process.   

The timing and current day conditions tells us all we need to know. If this is some big safety concern of his, why now, why not in the past also?

Any law enforcement agency could do a clamp down on speeding, at any time, in the name if safety and “it’s the law”. Start writing tickets for 1 mile over the limit. That shouldn’t be construed as anything except a money grab and/or political statement. This deal is no different. I don’t think you really need to be walked through it. If you do, nobody should ever take you seriously again.

And BTW, I don’t fault him for sending busloads to DC. The feds failure to enact reasonable immigration reforms and lack of helping the states impacted seems to be a pretty good reason for it to me. But doing what he’s doing with the trucks now is just unconscionable. We don’t need more strains on the supply chain at this time.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Shipping onto Long Island they have certain regulations. About once every couple months, they set up a check post and fine just about every driver that comes over the bridge. 

The drivers know it. They know every once in a while they are going to go on the wrong day. 

Are the NY police doing this because those drivers are so unsafe?  No.  It’s just a way the city earns money.  

if you thing this on the border is because they are so concerned about safety…..you’re delusional and can’t be taken seriously. 

But supply chain issues are all Biden’s fault. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The timing and current day conditions tells us all we need to know. If this is some big safety concern of his, why now, why not in the past also?

At this moment, neither of us know the answer to your question.  If your thoughts are correct then why now try and stick it to Biden and eff his own state as you say when Abbott is up for re-election?  Why not last year?  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Any law enforcement agency could do a clamp down on speeding, at any time, in the name if safety and “it’s the law”. Start writing tickets for 1 mile over the limit. That shouldn’t be construed as anything except a money grab and/or political statement. This deal is no different. I don’t think you really need to be walked through it. If you do, nobody should ever take you seriously again.

That would be a money losing operation for law enforcement to give out 1 mile over the limit tickets based on the time it would take the officers in court as people challenge those tickets not a money grab.   You don’t need walked through that do you?  You also don’t get taken off the road for going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

At this moment, neither of us know the answer to your question.  If your thoughts are correct then why now try and stick it to Biden and eff his own state as you say when Abbott is up for re-election?  Why not last year?  

What, is it difficult for an incumbent Republican to get re-elected in Texas nowadays? :lol:

If he was only effing his state I wouldn’t care but 90%+ of the people he’s screwing over don’t get to vote for or against him. Toss in the roughly 50% of people, like you, who are okay with anything an R does that harms the Ds no matter the cost and you have your answer.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

And BTW, I don’t fault him for sending busloads to DC. The feds failure to enact reasonable immigration reforms and lack of helping the states impacted seems to be a pretty good reason for it to me. But doing what he’s doing with the trucks now is just unconscionable. We don’t need more strains on the supply chain at this time.

It very well may be an Ill-conceived plan to combat a border security issue he sees, but to say Abbott put this plan in place purposely to disrupt supply chains in order to eff Biden and stick it to Americans in the process is just not smart IMO.  

• Plus1 3