Economy

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I do not think Abbott is purposely trying to sabotage the supply chain to screw Biden.  You think otherwise.  Doesn’t mean either one is delusional or can’t be taken seriously.  It means we differ on why an action was taken.  But choose to do take me how you wish.  Matters none to me.  Would love to see your proof as to why anyone should believe your opinion.   I showed you mine.  :dunno

If you think this is just a revenue generator for the state at the expense of the supply chain I would disagree and hope I’m not wrong.  

Unmmm

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Unmmm

Talk about misleading the general public.  There is no economic sabotage against Biden, no matter who tells you that.  In fact, do research and stay away from those type of claims. 

The heat is being turned up on the White House for ignoring illegal immigration since he took office. It's an ongoing, serious problem, getting worse every day.  You cannot just look away from a serious problem. 

Safety Inspections includes checking for Illegal immigrants and or/illegal drugs.  

Governor Greg Abbott today met with Tamaulipas Governor Francisco García Cabeza de Vaca in Weslaco to discuss ongoing challenges along the Texas-Mexico border. The Governor signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the State of Texas and the State of Tamaulipas to enhance border security measures that will prevent illegal immigration from Mexico to Texas and improve the flow of traffic across the international bridge. The MOU goes into effect immediately.

"With the State of Tamaulipas' detailed plan to secure the border, the Texas Department of Public Safety can return to its previous strategy of random searches. While President Biden ignores the ongoing crisis at the border, the State of Texas will continue to work with heads of state in Mexico to further strengthen our comprehensive border strategy." 

The historic MOUs signed with Nuevo León, Chihuahua, Coahuila, and Tamaulipas come after Governor Abbott directed DPS to conduct enhanced safety inspections of vehicles crossing international ports of entry into Texas ahead of an anticipated rise in cartel-facilitated smuggling upon the Biden Administration's decision to end Title 42 expulsions. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, admo said:

Talk about misleading the general public.  There is no economic sabotage against Biden, no matter who tells you that.  In fact, do research and stay away from those type of claims. 

The heat is being turned up on the White House for ignoring illegal immigration since he took office. It's an ongoing, serious problem, getting worse every day.  You cannot just look away from a serious problem. 

Safety Inspections includes checking for Illegal immigrants and or/illegal drugs.  

Governor Greg Abbott today met with Tamaulipas Governor Francisco García Cabeza de Vaca in Weslaco to discuss ongoing challenges along the Texas-Mexico border. The Governor signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the State of Texas and the State of Tamaulipas to enhance border security measures that will prevent illegal immigration from Mexico to Texas and improve the flow of traffic across the international bridge. The MOU goes into effect immediately.

"With the State of Tamaulipas' detailed plan to secure the border, the Texas Department of Public Safety can return to its previous strategy of random searches. While President Biden ignores the ongoing crisis at the border, the State of Texas will continue to work with heads of state in Mexico to further strengthen our comprehensive border strategy." 

The historic MOUs signed with Nuevo León, Chihuahua, Coahuila, and Tamaulipas come after Governor Abbott directed DPS to conduct enhanced safety inspections of vehicles crossing international ports of entry into Texas ahead of an anticipated rise in cartel-facilitated smuggling upon the Biden Administration's decision to end Title 42 expulsions. 

What a load of BS.  

The whole truck inspection was a pathetic decision by him.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, admo said:

Can you provide some data on how many illegal immigrants and illegal drugs were seized during this performative act?  According to this not many so Abbott moved the goalposts to say "we found safety violations". Since he capitulated is he now comfortable that the trucks coming in are all safe now?  If he was concerned about safety why would he cave?  

Abbott previously said the goal of the new inspection program is to seize narcotics and stop undocumented migrants from crossing into Texas. But neither Abbott nor the Texas DPS could point to any drug seizures or encounters with undocumented migrants when asked Wednesday about the success of the initiative. Instead, they pointed to hundreds of vehicle safety violations.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/13/greg-abbott-texas-border-inspections-nuevo-leon/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

• Plus1 2

So all it takes to satisfy Abbott is for some Mexican states to agree to step up vehicle inspections on their side if the border?….what complete and utter bulls#!t.

This is so simple and transparent (even if some you are struggling to get it). Abbott needed an excuse to back down because of the heat he was feeling. If it was truly about safety, how does delegating that responsibility to Mexico assure anything? Clue- it doesn’t. Fact is, he overstepped on his own d!(k while trying to make a showy Republican point to Biden about immigration and border security, that also served the dual purpose of reeking havoc on the Dems economy. He began to take backlash over the economic problems HE was causing and these cross border agreements were his best excuse to bail out of it.  All for safety my a$$. Some of y’all need to wise up.

And BTW, I fall on the side of Abbott when it comes to border security and the problems uncontrolled immigration causes in border states. I understand why he would do things to call attention to the problem. Biden and the dems want open borders, primarily to boost their voter roles. But this truck inspection fiasco was not about safety.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So all it takes to satisfy Abbott is for some Mexican states to agree to step up vehicle inspections on their side if the border?….what complete and utter bulls#!t.

This is so simple and transparent (even if some you are struggling to get it). Abbott needed an excuse to back down because of the heat he was feeling. If it was truly about safety, how does delegating that responsibility to Mexico assure anything? Clue- it doesn’t. Fact is, he overstepped on his own d!(k while trying to make a showy Republican point to Biden about immigration and border security, that also served the dual purpose of reeking havoc on the Dems economy. He began to take backlash over the economic problems HE was causing and these cross border agreements were his best excuse to bail out of it.  All for safety my a$$. Some of y’all need to wise up.

And BTW, I fall on the side of Abbott when it comes to border security and the problems uncontrolled immigration causes in border states. I understand why he would do things to call attention to the problem. Biden and the dems want open borders, primarily to boost their voter roles. But this truck inspection fiasco was not about safety.

Exactly….and the only people who don’t see it are doing so only because of supporting a party.  

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This is a part I would disagree with.  

I can live with that. But after all you do agree it was not about safety but rather to shine a light on border security and immigration issues. Probably not a completely bad idea if the timing had not been detrimental to the economy.

• Plus1 2