Economy

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That would be a money losing operation for law enforcement to give out 1 mile over the limit tickets based on the time it would take the officers in court as people challenge those tickets not a money grab.   You don’t need walked through that do you?  You also don’t get taken off the road for going 1 mile an hour over the speed limit.  

You feeling okay? Do you need a refresher on the use of analogies? You’re digging in way too hard. Why can’t/won’t you admit that this is a terrible time to be f#&%ing up the supply chain even more? What he is doing is more damaging to inflation and the supply chain than anything that is actually in Biden’s control.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Shipping onto Long Island they have certain regulations. About once every couple months, they set up a check post and fine just about every driver that comes over the bridge. 

The drivers know it. They know every once in a while they are going to go on the wrong day. 

Are the NY police doing this because those drivers are so unsafe?  No.  It’s just a way the city earns money.  

if you thing this on the border is because they are so concerned about safety…..you’re delusional and can’t be taken seriously. 

But supply chain issues are all Biden’s fault. 

I do not think Abbott is purposely trying to sabotage the supply chain to screw Biden.  You think otherwise.  Doesn’t mean either one is delusional or can’t be taken seriously.  It means we differ on why an action was taken.  But choose to do take me how you wish.  Matters none to me.  Would love to see your proof as to why anyone should believe your opinion.   I showed you mine.  :dunno

If you think this is just a revenue generator for the state at the expense of the supply chain I would disagree and hope I’m not wrong.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It very well may be an Ill-conceived plan to combat a border security issue he sees, but to say Abbott put this plan in place purposely to disrupt supply chains in order to eff Biden and stick it to Americans in the process is just not smart IMO.  

Well, we both know what opinions are like, everyone has one. Have you considered that maybe Abbott is not that smart? I’ve seen plenty of stupid things done for party first reasons. Haven’t you?

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What, is it difficult for an incumbent Republican to get re-elected in Texas nowadays?

It was for Ted Cruz, maybe it will be for Abbott. He’s running against the same person.  If it comes out that he actively tries to sabotage supply chains so his constituents couldn’t get food to “eff Biden” then ya, it will get real difficult, real quick.  

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I get it, but it's a very dramatic.  This is nearly everyday truck life around Laredo, TX for decades.  I've experienced it.  You'd be amazed.

Also have been in this same thing in Oakland, CA and Deadman's Pass uphill when they close one lane (Cabbage Pass Oregon).  Unfortunately no cameras on the spot for it. 

Pretty sure this is political by the dems.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Toss in the roughly 50% of people, like you, who are okay with anything an R does that harms the Ds no matter the cost and you have your answer.

such a laughably false statement.  Your letting your blister get in the way of rationality.  Not too smart to speak in absolutes like this as they are easily proven wrong. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, admo said:

I get it, but it's a very dramatic.  This is nearly everyday truck life around Laredo, TX for decades.  I've experienced it.  You'd be amazed.

Also have been in this same thing in Oakland, CA and Deadman's Pass uphill when they close one lane (Cabbage Pass Oregon).  Unfortunately no cameras on the spot for it. 

Pretty sure this is political by the dems.

They do spot checks everywhere of this sort. But how many times have you seen this many trucks held up? The timing of this with our current supply chain issues is what I have a problem with. Elected officials are supposed to make our lives better and easier not exacerbate economic problems.

I don’t know what his reasons are but best case they are ill advised and worst case they are wantonly damaging.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

such a laughably false statement.  Your letting your blister get in the way of rationality.  Not too smart to speak in absolutes like this as they are easily proven wrong. 

Maybe someday you’ll provide evidence to the contrary :dunno

21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You feeling okay? Do you need a refresher on the use of analogies? You’re digging in way too hard. Why can’t/won’t you admit that this is a terrible time to be f#&%ing up the supply chain even more? What he is doing is more damaging to inflation and the supply chain than anything that is actually in Biden’s control.

Took a liner to the leg throwing BP but I should be fine.  Thanks for asking.   

your argument. Has gone from Abbott is doing this to egg Biden and screw over Americans to not just saying it’s bad timing.   You are absolutely right that any disruption to the supply chain now is not ideal.   But my argument to you initially was to say I don’t think he did this just to eff Biden and I presented my case as to why that made no sense.   Take me seriously or not, don’t give a s#!t, but I presented my reasoning why I think what I think without discounting others as never to be taken seriously in a fit of rage.  

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know what his reasons are but best case they are ill advised and worst case they are wantonly damaging.

Well not more than a few hours ago you were darn sure you knew what the reason was.  Hell you were sure that I knew what It wasn’t about.

We all know that is what this is. Even @Archy1221 knows this is not about safety or security or trucking violations even though he’ll never admit it. He’ll act like this is some legitimate needed deal.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe someday you’ll provide evidence to the contrary :dunno

Funny you should ask.   We’ll I’ve posted about…..Trump and the Jan 6th debacle, me not voting for him again, (R’s) giving the SC nominee a fair hearing and have her get confirmed, posted that if Walker was mentally unfit he shouldn’t replace Warnock.   Those  are just a few that come to mind right away that you will quickly be able to look up :dunno

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well not more than a few hours ago you were darn sure you knew what the reason was.  Hell you were sure that I knew what It wasn’t about.

We all know that is what this is. Even @Archy1221 knows this is not about safety or security or trucking violations even though he’ll never admit it. He’ll act like this is some legitimate needed deal.

It’s the only reason that makes any sense :dunno but I will admit it could be that he is stupid or doesn’t care what harm he does. One thing I’m sure of, it’s not only because he is all of a sudden deeply concerned about trucking safety. If he’s willing to pursue it at this time for that reason then he definitely doesn’t give a f#&% about the American consumer.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

They do spot checks everywhere of this sort. But how many times have you seen this many trucks held up? The timing of this with our current supply chain issues is what I have a problem with. Elected officials are supposed to make our lives better and easier not exacerbate economic problems.

I have seen it, but too not often.  Yes supply chain issues are a major problem, I agree.  So is border control and illegal immigration opportunities (major problem) in bordering lines in Texas & SoCal. I don't know the answers, but as a former driver, this grid lock stuff sucks and kills your clock. I feel for drivers. Not all are legal drivers, not all smuggle weed or illegal pedestrians....but you lyin if you don't think it doesn't happen.  Lanes stay open and checks are not as frequent.

• Plus1 2