Economy

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am all for fixing this so prices of homes can be more reasonable.  However, how do we fix it?  Ban corporations from buying homes?  There's a mixture of things going on here.  Yes, clearly there are corps being them to flip them and make money.  That's bad.  I know there are also corps that buy homes every once in a while for legitimate reasons.

It would be interesting to know what type of corporation is doing this.  Are there actually publicly traded companies set up for the sole purpose of buying homes and flipping them?

PE and Hedge Funds are a big source 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am all for fixing this so prices of homes can be more reasonable.  However, how do we fix it?  Ban corporations from buying homes?  There's a mixture of things going on here.  Yes, clearly there are corps being them to flip them and make money.  That's bad.  I know there are also corps that buy homes every once in a while for legitimate reasons.

It would be interesting to know what type of corporation is doing this.  Are there actually publicly traded companies set up for the sole purpose of buying homes and flipping them?

BlackRock has been mentioned.

I don't know how it gets fixed, but it is an issue even in the Midwest.

• Plus1 1

Something seriously has to be done here.  Personally, I think this is going to have to come from the trucking industry to reorganize how they do business so goods can still be shipped nation wide but truckers can be home more.

This quote shocked me.

Trucking moves 72% of goods in America and some carriers routinely lose, and must replace, 90% of their workers each year, White House figures showed.

90%?  I knew it was high...but wow.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:37 PM, DevoHusker said:

They have a mysterious way of hiring, and it's been long considered the top driving company for years.  I knew they used to start at $85K about 5 years ago.  They had a long waiting list too.  Some drivers with 15 years of perfect record don't get hired, while some with accidents and 3 years experience get on.  It's mysterious like I said.  But if you do get on, you are pretty set.

I got a CDL and drove for one year OTR and got burned out.  I might get back in it again doing local - home each night.  Just not ready to do it again RN.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gee....Thanks Greg for helping out the economy.  

Thanks for helping Greg, you butt plug. Just what we need in the midst of soaring inflation and countless supply chain issues, another Dhead contributing to the problem.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1