Economy

When you go to a fuel station, hot dogs are still 2 for $3. 

Isn't it strange that they withstood the #Russia #pricehike #inflation #Russia's fault #price gauge  the whole time??

Also Sabritas peanuts are still 2/$1 (salt & lime, or hot/spicy).

Guess it's pick and choose when it comes to gaining crazy profits (I mean inflation / Russia's fault!) when it comes to "supply and demand".  That's the key terminology.  As long as it doesn't affect those hot dog prices that keep getting sold every day.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Seems like a misleading headline since the article starts by saying it's the highest they've been since 2008, not actually all-time highs.

I read it as the last time it was over $4 was 2008, but these 2022 prices are higher than those of 2008.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I read it as the last time it was over $4 was 2008, but these 2022 prices are higher than those of 2008.

It's a poorly written article as I'd think they'd want to compare the prices to the previous record if that's their headline, but it is correct that the prices have hit a new record if inflation is not consider: $4.32 now vs $4.11 in 2008

https://fortune.com/2022/03/10/gas-prices-record-high-inflation-wage-growth-oil/

Did not hit a record if inflation is considered though:

Adjusted for inflation the real cost of a gallon of gas from July 2008 shoots up to $5.37 in today's dollars—well above the current cost of $4.318 per gallon.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

It's a poorly written article as I'd think they'd want to compare the prices to the previous record if that's their headline, but it is correct that the prices have hit a new record if inflation is not consider: $4.32 now vs $4.11 in 2008

https://fortune.com/2022/03/10/gas-prices-record-high-inflation-wage-growth-oil/

Did not hit a record if inflation is considered though:

Of course it's misleading.  It came from Zerohedge.  Interesting that a few posters here continue to drag this rag into the forum.  One has to wonder why?  Either it's intentional or they're naively consuming Russian propaganda.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/%3famp=1

Overall, we rate ZeroHedge an extreme right-biased conspiracy website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information that routinely denigrates the left.

On 02/15/2022, U.S. intelligence officials accused Zero Hedge of amplifying Kremlin propaganda targeting Ukrainians and taking direction from Russian spies. Zero Hedge denies the claim.

The blog’s political stance, which Lokey told Bloomberg is: “Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft.

16 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Of course it's misleading.  It came from Zerohedge.  Interesting that a few posters here continue to drag this rag into the forum.  One has to wonder why?  Either it's intentional or they're naively consuming Russian propaganda.  

You still post that trash even after it was debunked?   Odd 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

44 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

So, fuel prices arent higher then?

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

So, fuel prices arent higher then?

Did I say they weren't?  Was the article accurate?  Do you understand how Russian misinformation and disinformation works?  No?  I didn't think so otherwise you wouldn't be swimming around in it.  Or maybe?

10 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Did I say they weren't?  Was the article accurate?  Do you understand how Russian misinformation and disinformation works?  No?  I didn't think so otherwise you wouldn't be swimming around in it.  Or maybe?

The article appeared accurate, and the prices are indeed higher.

Thanks for your concern. I follow lots of Twitter accounts.

There is lots of alleged mis/disinformation out there, all across the spectrum, always need to be careful. 

• Plus1 2

“Fiscal support measures designed to counteract the severity of the pandemic’s economic effect may have contributed to this divergence by raising inflation about 3 percentage points by the end of 2021," wrote Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio and Fabián Rivera-Reyes in the San Francisco Fed's weekly Economic Letter.

Inflation and gas prices aren’t traced to one root cause. Can’t just blame Putin, Biden or Trump. Biden will take the hit for it though cause he is the one currently in charge.

• Plus1 2