The 2022 Congressional Elections

My takeaway from midterms….

1) polling errors were giving R’s too much for once.  

2). Trump is or should be toast as far as political influence goes.  He cost Senate seats in 2020 and 2022 with his candidates in R primaries.  

3) Candidates do matter and GOP would be wise to figure that out in the primaries.  

4) Ron DeSantis is the future of GOP.   Winning Florida by almost 20 points is crazy good. 

5). Looks like the young vote carried D’s across the finish line this year

6) @teachercdmaybe got some bad betting advice 

7). Country seems as divided as ever and more and more House races will be less and less competitive until the gerrymandering issue gets fixed somehow.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

My takeaway from midterms….

1) polling errors were giving R’s too much for once.  

2). Trump is or should be toast as far as political influence goes.  He cost Senate seats in 2020 and 2022 with his candidates in R primaries.  

3) Candidates do matter and GOP would be wise to figure that out in the primaries.  

4) Ron DeSantis is the future of GOP.   Winning Florida by almost 20 points is crazy good. 

5). Looks like the young vote carried D’s across the finish line this year

6) @teachercdmaybe got some bad betting advice 

7). Country seems as divided as ever and more and more House races will be less and less competitive until the gerrymandering issue gets fixed somehow.  

Ha!  #6 is all that matters!  I bet with a friend, so we share our picks and the wins and losses and I am starting to think my friend is the poster that gave me that horrible advice.  I forget the posters name,

I would add #8...people are lying like crazy about who they are voting for, the insane polls are not accurate and the dudes that link stuff non-stop might be linking things they think are accurate and factual but it is not.

But again, the most important thing is still #6.

Now that I think about it...I feel like I am the only poster that knows what it going on.

I said Trump would not run again:  Check

I said Joe would run again:  Check

I was super skeptical about the red wave:  Check

I said that "sources" are all BS:  Check

I am putting my Bookies kids through private school and he is buying another boat: Check

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Now that I think about it...I feel like I am the only poster that knows what it going on.

I said Trump would not run again:  Check

I said Joe would run again:  Check

I was super skeptical about the red wave:  Check

I said that "sources" are all BS:  Check

I am putting my Bookies kids through private school and he is buying another boat: Check

You bet on a red wave: check

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You bet on a red wave: check

I did!  Because so many of the dongmasters  were predicting it!  And because I liked the odds.  But like, I am a horribe gambler, so why did I think I was nail this?  Oh yeah...because I am a dongmaster too.

It really shows that you need to believe in yourself, you know?  

1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

Exactly.  What better dongmaster to believe in than you?  

I wish you would have said that a few days ago!

Sometimes you just need the reminder that even though you might be a moron...everyone else is a bigger moron.  

I think I am changing my name to Dongmaster.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wish you would have said that a few days ago!

Sometimes you just need the reminder that even though you might be a moron...everyone else is a bigger moron.  

I think I am changing my name to Dongmaster.

Gonna change my name to G$G for all the money I made betting the opposite of you

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1