Beck missing

You could not pay me to be Harrison Beck right now! This is going to cause him nothing but problems. First, to all of you who said that Zac Taylor will laugh this off, I could not disagree more. You have to understand, all of these players, while extremely nice and close-knit, are also extremely prideful. If I was a betting man, I would say that everything that Beck's mom said has probably come out of her son's mouth during discussions that they had. I know that. Zac knows that. The whole team knows that. You have to believe that as soon as Harrison comes back to the team, they will all look at him like a guy who is not about the team, but about himself. To call out the talent of another player is one thing, but to call out the quarterback and LEADER OF YOUR TEAM?!?!

In the words of Ozzie..."Phhh...Please!"

Yeah I agree with that! If he comes back and this is what it was all about then Cally should suspend him for a game or two and let Ganz get his reps on Nick St. and possibly Troy. This situation is a bit different from Crouch as he was a starter and a major contrib if this story is true dont think Cally will go as litely as Solich did on Crouchy poo

This whole situation has got me sick to my stomach. I fear that this is going to end up disasterous. I know he is a little imature but, he is also young still. I have a friend that had a little altercation with him on campus last year which led me to believe he has some growing up to do. I do however hope he stays and grabs himself by the balls and gets to work!

Ahhh great, now the national media can have a field day with this one.

:bang:dunno

someone push the "oh, sh*t" button. This team does NOT need to be going through this stupid-ass crap right now. I will give Beck very little benefit of a doubt right now, but this is just screaming immaturity, selfishness, and stupidity. He better figure it out really quick-like, and tell his mom to shut her piehole also.

:wtf

I want Beck to buckle down and perform, but if he doesnt want to i am willing to move on. We hear about how intense these workouts are for our school, and how Beck takes things lightheartedly, welllll that could be a root of the problem too.

after some deliberation.... we made it last year without him... if he leaves so be it, get rid of cancer before it becomes a problem. Ganz should be able to go 1-10 for 21 yards. Witt will be here in January, there is still time to recruit another kid if depth is a concern. Lets keep building for the future, and throw away the rusty nails. I want this to be figured out SOON, this is detrimental to the whole team.

The team can look at this a couple of ways, becks decision does not effect what the rest of them are doing. and they continue to practice and prepare and they get closer or they let themselves be distracted by things out of their control and fold. I do not see that happening.

Now is the time when this years team leaders will step up and pull the focus back to whats at hand. FALL CAMP.

If beck has decided he is bigger than the team let him go. If iot was a temper tantrum, give him a stern talking to with some extra running drills or what ever and put it behind us.

The major focus should be on football not what mommie blurts out in the paper.

What i think happened is that the media blew this kids head up and made him think that he was the next sliced bread and that it was nebraska...a team that desperatley needed him and he would start in his first two years. I think this comes with getting such highly touted players, they feel entitled. I think that things will work out once he starts getting a few more reps. He should have had the maturity to speak with the coaching staff instead of freaking out and skipping practice.

The kid should expect to be low on the depth chart, even his peers said he was goofing off and not taking it seriously, what does that look like to a coach... I really hope that this all boils over like it did for LJAX and he comes back.

If he came back and I was the coach he would be doing a lot of running!!! I don't care if I had to run him for hours and hours until he puked he wouldn't be stopping. He does need to do some growing up and accept the fact that someone else has the #1 spot right now and he's proven himself to the coaches. Beck will just have to wait his turn!!! :steam

What amazes me about this whole fiasco is the lack of communication. Beck never told the coaches about his frustrations - that's somewhat surprising because I thought the coaches were pretty close to the players.

But, apparantly Beck didn't even tell his fellow players! That is just downright weird!!! Doesn't he have a couple of friends on the team .... people he shares his feelings with? Surely the coaches or players know who those friends are.

I'm hoping for the best --- that some team leader(s) step up, find out why there is a breakdown in communications and fix it!

Well, I hope to god he's not feeling how his mother says he's feeling. I think she may have offended a good deal of Husker nation with those comments - which were understandable, coming from a mother, but shallow nevertheless. "Wrong choice by going to Nebraska, should've stayed in the SEC"? Not something you want to hear out of any player's mother. "Zac is <strong>'OK'</strong>?" Let's get something straight here, Mrs. Beck-Bothwell. Zac Taylor is our savior. Zac Taylor is this team's inspiration. We thank our lucky stars for him and pray for his safety every night. The only way Beck starts a single game this season is if Zac goes down - which is a situation I personally fear more than the apocalypse.

Beck looked like a great guy: good talent and sacrificed his redshirt to deliver us the KSU victory. I thought that showed a lot of good character, but this latest development seems to indicate the opposite. Being a highly touted recruit doesn't mean the coaches owe you anything - after just coming off that shoulder injury, I don't think you can just waltz into training camp and right away shoot up the charts. If Beck is trying to pull another Crouch, he should expect no sympathy from Husker nation, and nor should he expect any good to come out of it. I don't think Callahan is going to track him down and beg him to come back like Solich did.

As far as Ganz goes, I like Ganz. He's a bit of a more mobile QB I believe, hearkening ever so slightly to the glory days of yore, and I've just been getting good impressions. While I always assumed Beck was going to lead this program after The Savior moves on, if that's honestly his attitude I wouldn't be sorry at all to say good-bye to Beck and welcome the Joey Ganz era.

Besides, Ganz is a cooler name to hear announcers call out, IMO. :-P

He is only 18 and being listed at #2 for NU has got to be alot of pressure for someone that young.

Apparently his frustration is being listed at #4. Which I don't completely understand, Beck listed at #4 - but disappearing from camp is sending me chilling vibes and the ghostly echo of "Eric Crouch". I seriously hope this isn't what it looks like, and that he pulls himself together. Because you know, I trust the NU coaching staff and their judgment on their players more than the players themselves, and their mothers. Sure he's important, but the minute he decides his interests and those of the team's conflict, that's bad news for his future. At any school, at any level.

*Ahem* Excuse me for my rant. I'll breathe now. :wacko: