Beck missing

You are spot on on the responsiblity factor Indiana.

I still say that a lot of this attitude cam about right after the move Show me the MONEY. ESPN and their comments about how much some one deserves for playing a stupid game is beyone me.

It all boils down to money. Play early and make it to the pros quicker.l

I truly think it was one of the reasons TO left. He just did not see the loyalty the kids of his day displayed.

Today's youth is all about trash talk, running your mouth and get my highlights. That is the reason I just literally hate to watch pro ball.

This is really a non-issue if the OL comes back as strong as we all hope. Taylor will carry the load this year, #2 and #3 will be much more mature and able by next year. If the team is good enough they can win with a good QB and a great QB isn't a requirement.

That being said I doubt Beck will return. Brining him back can only solidify him as the #4 guy. You can't move him up the depth chart for quite a while after this incident. Even if Taylor should go down at best you could now move him to #2. You can't give him a start.

For me I guess this really isn't an issue at this point. BC will need to do what is best to solidify the team as a unit and not pander to one kids antics. Look at Stoops. He had a choice to make in the best interests of the team and the school. Granted it's a much bigger issue he addressed with a much more important player but it still remains that he didn't try to cover, sugar coat or pander. He made the call. Beck started with some respect for his talent and in one poor decision threw it all away. Now he must start over with nothing like a walk on freshman. I wish him luck and hope he's learned something from all of this. It'll be a tough road if he comes back but a road well worth the travel. The truth is that there was a possiblility that all his frustration could have been settled had he simply talked to BC. He chose another route and it may not have been the best choice.

according to Eric the Red's post with the practice days and times, todays practice started 30 min ago (3-5pm) and was to be the first day in pads. If Beck met with Callahan today and was allowed to go to pratice he would be in sweats today and tomorrow to make up for the days of practice he missed.

I guess we will have to wait until the after practice report to know anything for sure.

Any word whether or not Beck showed up today to practice?

i doubt he would suit up today...even if he was allowed back, it would take away some valuable time from Cally and Beck would surely have to address the rest of the team and issue an apology before he ever hit the field again.....not enough time in one afternoon for him to get that all done....takes a lot longer to "undo" what was done......it always works that way....always

hunter