2021 Fall Camp Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

No mention of Allen and Vokolek. Omar Manning despite not showing much was the #1 JUCO player for a reason. Toure was an FCS AA. Oliver Martin was a 4-star guy. They just skip over that though. It's lazy.

You're definitely right on the lack of homework by others.

Unwittingly though they technically probably have a point; we have four wide receivers that technically haven't really proven anything at the FBS level nor inside of Frost's offensive system. I know you know this though, of course.   :)

Not a knock on these guys and doesn't undermine their potential - but still a true statement and something that I think is a legitimate concern heading into this season.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Undone said:

Betts has amazing potential and I'm so glad he committed to us. He'll be awesome. I don't know how much to expect out of him in what you'd normally call a "true sophomore" year after an abbreviated COVID true freshman season, though.

But maybe he's right there with all of the other guys - that would be incredible.

He is a smooth runner.  Not like some guys that look like they are mad at the ground.  If he gets some space he is going to give the opponents some head aches.  I liked what I saw last year (besides him not knowing were to go and ending up next to other receivers).  

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Undone said:

Betts has amazing potential and I'm so glad he committed to us. He'll be awesome. I don't know how much to expect out of him in what you'd normally call a "true sophomore" year after an abbreviated COVID true freshman season, though.

But maybe he's right there with all of the other guys - that would be incredible.

I agree, I'm trying to say that we don't have all of our eggs in one basket - there's another excellent option besides Manning. If either or both them can live up to their potential, we're in good shape.

• 3 weeks later...

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's a stud, for sure...but the 2nd nationally in yardage is kind of a boob stat.. we've played an extra game.  So the guy with 290 yards in 2 games is averaging nearly 150 ypg whereas Touré is at nearly 102 ypg.

Dudes a stud tho, let's see where he ends up after the bye & we don't have a game lead on everyone.

• Plus1 1

What Samori Toure brings to this team right now is a veteran football player that obviously has a high football IQ, extremely high motivation, and a high level of talent.

I think the high football IQ part is what is really making this guy pop right now. He just understands how to set up for a big reception. Love it.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, Undone said:

What Samori Toure brings to this team right now is a veteran football player that obviously has a high football IQ, extremely high motivation, and a high level of talent.

I think the high football IQ part is what is really making this guy pop right now. He just understands how to set up for a big reception. Love it.

The move he put on the DB to get open on the post was a thing of beauty.

• Plus1 1