Managing the QB Room

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So other QBs get the benefit of the doubt on small sample size but not ours.

Seems legit.

Our guy averaged 6 yards per attempt

AND he was locking in early on 1 guy and I wasnt impressed with his arm strength

So my eyes didnt see great QB play. I want to see RESULTS not propaganda. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

Our guy averaged 6 yards per attempt

AND he was locking in early on 1 guy

So my eyes didnt see great QB play. I want to see RESULTS not propaganda. 

So do you account for small sample size or no?  Was our guy going against the #1 defense while Fields was going against the 2s or 3s?  

Also, please continue to whine about results when it hasn't been possible to have any results of any kind for most of the last nine months.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So do you account for small sample size or no?  Was our guy going against the #1 defense while Fields was going against the 2s or 3s?  

Also, please continue to whine about results when it hasn't been possible to have any results of any kind for most of the last nine months.

Did you watch or go to our Spring game?

Sommers wasnt playing against the ones

I have no idea on OSU- obviously whatever it was worked out great for them. Fields had an awesome season. 

I don't think that anybody is going to argue that Adrian doesn't have some cleaning up to do with his fumbles. But I also think that as far as last season goes, the fumbles seemed to occur when nothing else was really clicking on the offense and he had to put it all on his own back to try to move the chains.

Fans that can't see that need zoom out a little bit.

What Adrian really needs this season is:

1. An offensive line that gives him at least a couple of comfortable seconds to make at least his first two reads on designed passing downs.

2. Taller receivers (hello, Toure & Manning) that get open quickly.

Let's see if those two things happen. For me, I think Adrian's skills in and of themselves are more than adequate to take us to 8-4. It's the other things that are the real problems.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebraska55fan said:

So how has the development of

Martinez,

McCaffrey and

Smothers been so far?

What specific improvements have you see in their play that can be attributed to development?

Haarberg DEFINITELY a project, he competed against extremely weak competition. 

Are we measuring the development in your mind or with real stats?  Btw, you skipped the Gebbia question.

• Plus1 1

I believe Vedral is an example that highlights both developmental and inability to manage a roster at the QB position. Can hash out the details, but he did spend 3 seasons with the staff before becoming the Day 1 starter at a different P5 program.

Edited by Mavric
Split out of the Adrian Martinez thread
  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

And the lack of QB development isn't really a "cheap point." I won't go off the cliff with Nebraska55, but I have yet to see someone explain why this wouldn't be considered a disappointment and concern up to this moment. 

Through 57 pages not one person has been able to show any empirical evidence that shows any improvement in ANY of our Quarterbacks. Not one post. 

And the "future of our program" LM is now at lowly Rice trying to win a job at QB. 

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yes. 

I also watched him in 2018, when barely any of that was true. 

10-3 with 16 TDs and 5 Ints

Take that ANY day of the week here. 

24 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

10-3 with 16 TDs and 5 Ints

Take that ANY day of the week here.

It's the "10-3" part that skews it so hard. But also look at who they had at RB, receiver, and what their offensive line consisted of.

In 2018, Martinez had 17 TDs and 8 INTs. And our offensive yards per game was a ridiculously awesome stat that year at a whopping 456.

Then Ozigbo, Morgan, Farmer, & Foster graduated and the 2019 pass protection goes way downhill. I can definitely entertain the arguments that maybe the Cigar Man isn't good at developing QBs but I'd just be pretty leery of doing a mental exercise where Joe Burrow is plugged into our 2019 team and significantly changes the W/L column, personally.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Undone said:

I can definitely entertain the arguments that maybe the Cigar Man isn't good at developing QBs

You hater- no way Mario is a renaissance man- smartest guy in the room. He is amazing and above reproach.

Look at ALL the posts showing how well our QBs have developed under him. The weight of the empirical evidence is just staggering.  Heck just look at Luke McCaffrey  at RICE- they always recruit top notch QBs. 

It's been my experience with guys like this who go out of their way to cultivate some type of rare persona- it's almost always a big hat no cattle situation. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

By all means lecture someone on something you yourself can't get straight- classic :D

My mistake was a simple oversight, and I owned up to it. I didn’t attempt to hide it, and I’m not at all embarrassed by it. I make plenty of grammatical errors, but it doesn’t render my posts unreadable. More importantly, I didn’t complain that someone held me accountable. You’ve illustrated on multiple occasions that you will complain that you’re being held to a standard, rather than learning from your mistake(s). “Classic…” 

Your mistakes are a clear indication of your lack of attention to detail and understanding of basic grammatical concepts. Similarly, you’ve shown that you lack a basic understanding of statistics and inferential statistical analysis. Based on simple data collection from this site, we can infer that the majority of us find your comments and “insights” comical. In fact, I look forward to reading your next predictable and unoriginal rant about Kevin Warren. Based on last week’s cadence of posts, you’re overdue! Is that because your uncle needed your help? ;) 

Dang it! I’ve managed to drop my mic again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
30 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

My mistake was a simple oversight, and I owned up to it. I didn’t attempt to hide it, and I’m not at all embarrassed by it. I make plenty of grammatical errors, but it doesn’t render my posts unreadable. More importantly, I didn’t complain that someone held me accountable. You’ve illustrated on multiple occasions that you will complain that you’re being held to a standard, rather than learning from your mistake(s). “Classic…” 

Your mistakes are a clear indication of your lack of attention to detail and understanding of basic grammatical concepts. Similarly, you’ve shown that you lack a basic understanding of statistics and inferential statistical analysis. Based on simple data collection from this site, we can infer that the majority of us find your comments and “insights” comical. In fact, I look forward to reading your next predictable and unoriginal rant about Kevin Warren. Based on last week’s cadence of posts, you’re overdue! Is that because your uncle needed your help? ;) 

Dang it! I’ve managed to drop my mic again.

Typical- lecturing people on something you yourself seem to struggle with greatly. It's predictable and it's called projecting. 

If you've spent much time on this thing they call the internet, you understand how credible people are that try to make points by pointing out the grammatical errors of others. They aren't credible at all and universally  means they don't have any legitimate counterpoints. Fetching picture in this article- need to upgrade your computer though bro. Black Friday isn't that far away.

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find