Tangent Thread - Supposedly Adrian Martinez Thread Edition

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Luke and Smothers are the same non QB guy

We know this for sure? Have you seen Smothers play in a college football game? Damn get a life, you're criticizing an 18 year old who hasn't played a collegiate snap.

21 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

You reconcile it with it was RUTGERS- one of the worst P5 teams in College Football history. 

History doesn't matter, Schiano is back and he's going to get them playing hard again.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

We know this for sure? Have you seen Smothers play in a college football game? Damn get a life, you're criticizing an 18 year old who hasn't played a collegiate snap.

History doesn't matter, Schiano is back and he's going to get them playing hard again.

Wrong again

I thought we were discussing last years Rutgers game- playing one of the worst teams in College Football. We werent talking about the Rutgers of 2025- we were talking about last years inept team with a statistically TERRIBLE defesne which has been the Rutgers team that consistently loses. Or is this some kind of back to the future deal where we are discussing last years Nebraska team vs Shianos 2025 team= If thats where youre at Im going to have to bow out. Dont see the point. 

As to Logan Smothers. 

He made most of the road trips last year. You do know he's not a true Freshman right? 
I watched him play in person in the Spring Game against our #2s. He is the same as Luke- with a different name. Poor accuracy, bad arm strength, stares down receivers, runs really really well. 

He's 20, will be 21 very shortly - not 18 and no one is saying he's a bad person, cheats on his girlfriend or hates puppies. Some including myself are saying he doesn't play football very well. The horror, you better stay inside with your stuffed animals. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Wrong again

I thought we were discussing last years Rutgers game- playing one of the worst teams in College Football. We werent talking about the Rutgers of 2025- we were talking about last years inept team with a statistically TERRIBLE defesne which has been the Rutgers team that consistently loses. Or is this some kind of back to the future deal where we are discussing last years Nebraska team vs Shianos 2025 team= If thats where youre at Im going to have to bow out. Dont see the point. 

As to Logan Smothers. 

He made most of the road trips last year. You do know he's not a true Freshman right? 
I watched him play in person in the Spring Game against our #2s. He is the same as Luke- with a different name. Poor accuracy, bad arm strength, stares down receivers, runs really really well. 

He's 20, will be 21 very shortly - not 18 and no one is saying he's a bad person, cheats on his girlfriend or hates puppies. Some including myself are saying he doesn't play football very well. The horror, you better stay inside with your stuffed animals. 

Rutgers was 3-6 last year. 31 teams last year were worse, so maybe not the worst. Also I didn't realize the spring game was was a collegiate game. Let's see what he can do when he's not practicing. Alright? Regardless of how old he is, he's still a kid who's in college and you're hating on him.

Maybe we should hire you as a QB coach since you know so much. Well actually you'd already be one if you were THAT great.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Saying someone doesn't play the game of football particularly well and why isn't hate. You've been listening to too many really weak political people and or lived a very very sheltered life. Youre the one that brought up his age- you were off by right at 3 years. 

Yes, lets measure how great we play by how we do against what is traditionally one of the worst college teams. But then I guess were supposed to judge it against what Shiano will have in the future vs what he had last year and with lots of the previous years players. Makes complete sense :D Now I guess Im "hating" Rutgers, pointing out they had the 11th best defense last year. Sorry Greg Shiano- didn't mean to offend you, please dont cry, I'm sure you have MANY redeeming qualities and you love kittens. 

And BTW don't ever criticize a President or Business Owner- because you've never been the President or owned a business- be consistent.. I did coach QBs for more than a decade- many college QB camps etc So Im no guru ( I dont listen to opera), but I know more than you. 

Accusing someone of living a sheltered life and then busting out a "I know more than you" later in the post when you can't convincingly defend what you're saying is just so, so rich.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Saying someone doesn't play the game of football particularly well and why isn't hate. You've been listening to too many really weak political people and or lived a very very sheltered life. Youre the one that brought up his age- you were off by right at 3 years. 

Yes, lets measure how great we play by how we do against what is traditionally one of the worst college teams. But then I guess were supposed to judge it against what Shiano will have in the future vs what he had last year and with lots of the previous years players. Makes complete sense :D Now I guess Im "hating" Rutgers, pointing out they had the 11th best defense last year. Sorry Greg Shiano- didn't mean to offend you, please dont cry, I'm sure you have MANY redeeming qualities and you love kittens. 

And BTW don't ever criticize a President or Business Owner- because you've never been the President or owned a business- be consistent.. I did coach QBs for more than a decade- many college QB camps etc So Im no guru ( I dont listen to opera), but I know more than you. 

Is it safe to imply that you don't currently coach QBs for a living?  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

GIF by Groundhog Day

And the day before that...

Hunter and 55, we get it.  You hate everything QB related with the Huskers and nothing all the rational people say will change your mind.  

there is no hate for the QB's at NU. just disappointment, especially in AM' development.

i just don't believe Mario has been an affective coach. AM can't make reads, fumbles way too much and McCaffrey walks. Where is the development?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Be careful. 

Some here it seems think we should only try to improve one aspect of the team. Somehow getting better at QB is magically mutually exclusive with getting better at Special Teams or improving our horrific turnover problems. So we have to do those first- once we get that totally squared away- THEN its ok to talk about improving QB play, or maybe its still taboo then. We will never know. 

Creating your own reality now?

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Creating your own reality now?

Nope- living in the reality that "hatred" according to some is pointing out our QB development is statistically lacking by any meaningful metric. Without using a single insulting, personal attack or curse word to do so. The HORROR of saying something as evil as his arm strength is poor and he locks in on receivers.  I'm feeling so bad for being guilty of such a horrific "hate crime"= ,man some people have never been around the block- its so very sad to be at this level of whimpiness.  I fear for our country. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Is it safe to imply that you don't currently coach QBs for a living?  

Im retired now- but Im guessing I coached QBs for a living for at least 10 years more than you ever did :D> and attended at least 75 more QB camps and clinics as well.

But yeah- we probably know the same amount of stuff <_<  Like I said doesn't seem like many think Verduzco has much to do with our lack of QB Development. That would seem to  mean our QBs should just be on their own- coach themselves. Heck we could get that full time special teams coach we need so badly or just save the $400K the opera man gets. 

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Im retired now- but Im guessing I coached QBs for a living for at least 10 years more than you ever did :D> and attended at least 75 more QB camps and clinics as well.

But yeah- we probably know the same amount of stuff <_<  Like I said doesn't seem like many think Verduzco has much to do with our lack of QB Development. That would seem to  mean our QBs should just be on their own- coach themselves. Heck we could get that full time special teams coach we need so badly or just save the $400K the opera man gets. 

What you should do is start your own blog about QB coaching. The world needs to have access to your knowledge.  You could probably become famous and make some money off of it to supplement the social security.  

You could even set up your own QB coaching seminars.  Travel to various cities teaching HS and college coaches the finer points of QB coaching.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2

How big is your DVD collection? Did you buy a waterbed without financing?

54 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I've actually coached quarterbacks for a living for 11 years and attended at least 76 camps, and I say you're wrong.

That's awesome! 12 years and 77 camps for me, but great for you.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1