Help Me Understand why NU is a 7 point favorite

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Very true.

A real life example was that years ago, I was in Vegas in March.  I wanted to place a bet on the Cubs winning the world series that year.  I was shocked to find out that the betting odds didn't pay out very much if they won.  When I asked why, they said it's because everyone comes to put money on the Cubs so they can say they had the bet.  

Vegas doesn't care.  All they care about is getting equal money on both sides.

For huge events like the Super Bowl where the volume of money is high, absolutely, Vegas wants even money to simply collect the vig.  For everything else, I think this is a bit of a reach.  Vegas takes sides on games all the time with the way they price games, they certainly try to avoid getting lopsided action like 80/20 on a side of course but I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas takes calculated shots all the time during the year.  I mean, they employ some of the smartest people on earth to make these lines.

11 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

For huge events like the Super Bowl where the volume of money is high, absolutely, Vegas wants even money to simply collect the vig.  For everything else, I think this is a bit of a reach.  Vegas takes sides on games all the time with the way they price games, they certainly try to avoid getting lopsided action like 80/20 on a side of course but I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas takes calculated shots all the time during the year.  I mean, they employ some of the smartest people on earth to make these lines.

I don't think so.  the sheer volume of bets they process, they make huge amounts of money just on having even money on both sides.  If they do what you say, that's a small percentage of the number of lines they put out.

15 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Hearing Omar Manning won't be playing this weekend via Hail Varsity Podcast. Anyone hear why?

It's been a ride on the rumor mill with him. Last I heard, though, he's back in and should be with us this weekend. That may not be the end of the story, though...

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Toe said:

It's been a ride on the rumor mill with him. Last I heard, though, he's back in and should be with us this weekend. That may not be the end of the story, though...

This has shades of how they coddled Mo Wash for far too long. I don’t care what the “potential” is. Frost needs to identify this crap quicker and move on.

• Plus1 2