Fordham Play-by-Play

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'd tend to agree - a dart to Liewer over the middle is probably the move there.

But like, sort of weird and probably pointless (for all of us here) to nitpick a play where he scores a TD also.

The poster claimed he went through 3 progressions- I'm guessing to bolter the narrative that our QB is better than we think- good etc. I'm just pointing out the fact that if he did actually read the 2nd progression- then he SHOULD have thrown it. The receiver was "college open", even "high school open" almost "pee wee open".

Yes, good feet when he gets to the open field, thats his strength. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Here's a counter-point.  Not trying to pick on Stepp but I'd like to see a little better vision out of our RB1.  A simple cut left would seem to have been a big hole and quite possibly a TD.  Instead he runs into the back of an OL.

We call that "Josh Davis" eyes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Adrian's got to commit a step or two sooner to the keep; the yardage probably would have been the same, but the sooner you make that defender commit to the QB, the more space the pitch man has to run. 

was going to say the same thing.  He also doesn't look as comfortable.  Prob didn't want to have to make a longer pitch. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Adrian's got to commit a step or two sooner to the keep; the yardage probably would have been the same, but the sooner you make that defender commit to the QB, the more space the pitch man has to run. 

I agree with that.  First, the defender did a decent job of not committing to Martinez till late.  Also, I'm wondering if, since it's with his left hand, he needs to be closer to Toure than he is on the right.

At some point, with this play, he needs to make a quick jab step inside and blow by the defender.  Make him pay for not committing to him.

• Fire 1

There was some good blocking on this play.  But, it's also a very good run by Morrison.  Still wish he would have started against Illinois and got enough carries to get in a groove.  

PS.....the defender that almost got him was actually pretty well blocked.  That's a very tough block to keep the defender out of the middle.  He rode him past where the RB would run.