Frost needs fired

2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’ll add Herman, he’s floating out there and I expect he’ll be a head coach again. There’s a lot of guys and about a half dozen that are no brainers. A bunch of others you have to weigh vs giving Frost another year. Trev has his list. Start working it and see where you land. Inside top 5 guys, Git R Done. Beyond that it is probably seeing guys on a potential staff.

I think Herman would be good as well. TBH, if we kept Frost, he would be a good OC/QB coach.  If Frost would truly be more of a CEO and not get involved in the play calling.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Listening to Big Red Overreaction after the game, the hosts pointed out that it now looks like 2017 is the aberration in Frost's coaching career. Yeah, that was an amazing year, but that's his only season with a winning record as a head coach. 

I'd agree.  After today, he is currently sitting at 34-32 as a HC.  And looking at UCF he took over a team, that prior to the 0-12 season went 9-4 and 12-1.  Not a rebuilding process at all IMHO.  He might just not have the acumen to rebuild a program.  

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I realize this is a f#&%ed up thing to do to one of your own, but if this were Bama, OSU or USC the administration would be using the ncaa violations to work a reduced buyout and it would happen before tomorrow morning. That’s where 15-25 gets you at places where winning is prioritized. We will be in uncharted territory soon. 

And when the transfers start and the recruiting well dries up we become Maryland....or Vandy.....

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd agree.  After today, he is currently sitting at 34-32 as a HC.  And looking at UCF he took over a team, that prior to the 0-12 season went 9-4 and 12-1.  Not a rebuilding process at all IMHO.  He might just not have the acumen to rebuild a program.  

And when the transfers start and the recruiting well dries up we become Maryland....or Vandy.....

Which we are on a path to become. Fan apathy will set in if we don't make a change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:
8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think there’s a value in not accepting this level of ineptitude. I don’t think Trev is ready to do it. I don’t think Green, Carter or Trev we’re prepared for this team to not be Bowl eligible. They all seemed convinced a corner was turned before seeing it actually happen. 

15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I realize this is a f#&%ed up thing to do to one of your own, but if this were Bama, OSU or USC the administration would be using the ncaa violations to work a reduced buyout and it would happen before tomorrow morning. That’s where 15-25 gets you at places where winning is prioritized. We will be in uncharted territory soon. 

I think you're right.  This is how NU differs from those teams you mentioned.  Ryan Day essentially demoted his DC because his side of the ball wasn't getting it done.  Ballsy, but hey, it's working.  Accountability.  This is big boy football.  The NU O-line hasn't been getting it done for 4 years.  Special teams?  We treat them like an afterthought.  As soon as someone who matters grows big enough cajones to make some uncomfortable decisions in Lincoln, we can expect more of the same.  6-6 would be a phenomenal year.  Sad.

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think you're right.  This is how NU differs from those teams you mentioned.  Ryan Day essentially demoted his DC because his side of the ball wasn't getting it done.  Ballsy, but hey, it's working.  Accountability.  This is big boy football.  The NU O-line hasn't been getting it done for 4 years.  Special teams?  We treat them like an afterthought.  As soon as someone who matters grows big enough cajones to make some uncomfortable decisions in Lincoln, we can expect more of the same.  6-6 would be a phenomenal year.  Sad.

The bar is getting lower and lower by the day. If we are 5-7 or worse and keep Frost, we will have separated ourselves from the blue bloods, that’s uncharted territory for anyone that fancies themselves college football elite. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The bar is getting lower and lower by the day. If we are 5-7 or worse and keep Frost, we will have separated ourselves from the blue bloods, that’s uncharted territory for anyone that fancies themselves college football elite. 

We separated ourselves from the blue bloods by hiring Mike damn Riley.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

let’s concentrate on the now. Where we are tolerating a product just as poor, 4 years after Riley roamed our sidelines. If Riley wasn’t good enough, then Frost isn’t good enough. 

Yet @TheSker wants to keep Frost around, even though Frost has a much worse record. I am saying this and I was one of the most vocal anti-Riley guys on this board. 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Didn't even thing about the apathy, but you are correct....And that will hurt where it counts.  In the pocket book.

When it hurts in the pocketbook is when change is most likely to be made.....ie fans vacating at halftime vs Okie Lite under Callahan.

We're nowhere close to that 

50 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

TBH, this was always in the back of my mind.  Even as excited as I was.  What if it doesn't work.  The prodigal son comes home and we suck.    Well here we are.  What do you do?  Eat our own?  But as you mentioned, winners do.  It's not personal, it's professional.