WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

52 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I didn't see this in here, but apparently he was going to play CB at Georgia if he didn't come here. It's crazy that you could make a case for him playing just about any defensive position outside of interior DL or MLB.

https://247sports.com/Article/Polynesian-Bowl-Recruiting-Notebook-nico-iamaleava-rodrick-pleasant-malachi-coleman-matayo-uiagalelei-duce-robinson-Francis-Mauigoa-caleb-lomu-utah-ute-georgia-bulldogs--203105724/

I was thinking he would probably be better suited to the defensive side of the ball.  But it sounds like he has really showed well as a WR at the All-Star games so I'm thinking he'll stay offense now.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I was thinking he would probably be better suited to the defensive side of the ball.  But it sounds like he has really showed well as a WR at the All-Star games so I'm thinking he'll stay offense now.

I know he has speed for days but nobody really talks about his route-running skills or his blocking as a wr.  Maybe that's why he wasn't a 5 star player but I certainly think he is.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I saw a couple write-ups mentioning he looked natural as a WR and wasn't just the straight line guy they expected. He's got an incredible ceiling no matter where you put him, and he doesn't have to add a bunch of weight (Edge, TE). Technique will always need to step up in college but he's already more polished as a WR than as a DB. I'm sure he could do it but high school WR/DE to SEC CB would've been a challenging adjustment.