Leon Jackson

nah, well this answers the "I can see one of our RB's transferring" thread, eh?

well i wish the best for this guy, it wasn't like Harrison where he had everything handed to him on a silver platter and expected the same here and in a way had the position locked for next year if he worked, Leon just didn't cut it at the positions he was going for. I am willing to bet where he does end up, he will be a great RB.

Still wish he coulda picked up the defensive schemes, we coulda used his size and athleticism.

It never made sense to me that we couldn't ever find a place for him on the field. I have trouble thinking he isn't good enough, but maybe this early in his career he isn't. Regardless, we still should have found a place for him to be happy. One thing is for sure...him sitting behind 4 other RB's isn't the way to keep him happy on the team.

Besides Stouder, Leon, Harrison and Rands, has anyone else from the stellar recruiting class of 2005 left the team? It's sad to see talent like this jump ship....but I guess it happens in the college football world. I wish Leon the best....I don't blame him for his decision....I'm not blaming the coaches either.

Rodney Picou was booted for grades. And Wallace and Hunter never made it because of grades.

Jackson Sr. said it was an amicable parting — one initiated by the player.

“They just came to a mutual agreement,” Jackson Sr. said. “There were no hard feelings. Coach Callahan expressed that he didn’t want to see Leon go, but that he wanted what was best for him.”

The difference between Beck and Jackson's departure are the following....

1). Jackson talked DIRECTLY to the coach. He didn't decide to skip out of practice or not inform the coaches of his decision.

2). Jackson Sr. had (if you recall) persuaded Leon to follow through with his commitment last year when Leon was considering bailing ship.

3). It sounds like the coaches believed that move was the best for Leon.

4). Leon's dad is a classy guy. He did not bad-mouth other players or the coaches.

Again, this is best for Leon. There are no "ego" problems there. I hope that Husker fans can see that and not get upset at the young man for making his decision to leave. Just my opinion.

“They just came to a mutual agreement,” Jackson Sr. said. “There were no hard feelings. Coach Callahan expressed that he didn’t want to see Leon go, but that he wanted what was best for him.”

1). Jackson talked DIRECTLY to the coach. He didn't decide to skip out of practice or not inform the coaches of his decision.

2). Jackson Sr. had (if you recall) persuaded Leon to follow through with his commitment last year when Leon was considering bailing ship.

4). Leon's dad is a classy guy. He did not bad-mouth other players or the coaches.

Again, this is best for Leon. There are no "ego" problems there. I hope that Husker fans can see that and not get upset at the young man for making his decision to leave. Just my opinion.

Valid points. He did handle himself much better than Beck. Yet being a high caliber athlete he had better have an ego to believe he is better than everyone else or he might get left in the dust. Or is that what happened here? <_<

Good post :thumbs

It is unfortunate and I wish him the best. Didn't he committ before Lucky? I believe it was a few weeks prior. And he committed before Glen as well. It must have been tough for him. Lucky was the prize and NO ONE expected Glenn to have such an immediate impact that he is having. Getting JUCO all-everything Kenny Wilson here and I'm sure he felt that he was being overlooked. Possibly? You know, it IS okay to transfer. I hate to see him go. Just a tough situation to be in.