*** Official Ohio State Game Day Thread *** presented by lo country

Just now, BoNeyard said:

I could see Martinez announcing he is leaving and won't be returning next year, therefore giving Frost another year since people will say maybe things will be different without Martinez. Then I could see come February, when it's far too late to fire Frost and find a new coach, Martinez announces he is actually returning and Frost allows it.

Have full confidence this Adrian's last season at Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hayseed said:

This game wasn't that bad considering who we played, but still disappointed in the play calling with 6 minutes left and going to the low percentage offense that Marty can't do.

Hell yea.  7-0 in moral victories.  Hopefully we can get a bid to the who gives a frig bowl....(Frustration, not aimed at you)

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

NW really pads those, BUT it speaks to the complete statistical outliers that have defined Frost's time here...

Just now, The Duke said:

The only thing that might give Frost an extra year is that massive buyout.

And remember, if we decide to move on from Frost the universtiy is not just paying Frost's $20 million buyout, but also the buyouts of all his assistants.

Then throw out the NCAA BS violation.  Negotiate it down.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, lo country said:

Hell yea.  7-0 in moral victories.  Hopefully we can get a bid to the who gives a frig bowl....(Frustration, not aimed at you)

We are 7-0 in moral victories and we were given a fantasy bowl game and this team rejected it, citing it's been a long season and the one extra week of being together is just one week too many. But they'll tell us at the podium that the culture is changing and this is a brotherhood.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

And remember, if we decide to move on from Frost the universtiy is not just paying Frost's $20 million buyout, but also the buyouts of all his assistants.

Yep. And that would put us at #1 in most buyout money spent on coaches the last ten years - by more than ten million dollars.

No way that doesn't factor into Trev's decision.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I am at the point where I really don't care what Nebraska does. Fire him, fine, it's justified and understandable. Keep him, whatever, I'm numb at this point to all the losses, all the same old repeated mistakes that I could go through one more season of it if it somehow means we are better off in the future.

Just now, knapplc said:

Yep. And that would put us at #1 in most buyout money spent on coaches the last ten years - by more than ten million dollars.

No way that doesn't factor into Trev's decision.

Absolutely.

This is why I think Trev gives Frost one more year to make big changes on the offensive side of the ball.

Just now, The Duke said:

This is why I think Trev gives Frost one more year to make big changes on the offensive side of the ball.

That is almost the ONLY reason I think Trev gives Frost one more year.

About the only other one I can think of is to sell potential new coaches on our loyalty. "We'll give you time to build the team - see? We gave Frost SO MUCH time."

• Plus1 3